Bernier-Latendresse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

Latendresse. He is the type of forward prospect that the Bruins need. We don't have any first line prospects.

Last edited by a moderator:

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Latendresse. Imagin a Steve Bernier who tries hard on the ice, has great character, better vision of the ice with awsome passing and more exciting moves with the puck and who also plays defense better, then you have Latendresse.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
moosefan said:
Latendresse. Imagin a Steve Bernier who tries hard on the ice, has great character, better vision of the ice with awsome passing and more exciting moves with the puck and who also plays defense better, then you have Latendresse.

whoa... I'm not alone but I would really like to see the habs draft him. If you could compare him to a current NHLer based on his offensive skills alone (not the whole package, I get the picture), who would that be??

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
ax²+bx+c said:
whoa... I'm not alone but I would really like to see the habs draft him. If you could compare him to a current NHLer based on his offensive skills alone (not the whole package, I get the picture), who would that be??

Shane Doan isnt a bad example. Big guy but not huge, good skater, good shot, sees the ice well, good defensivly.

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
I don't know if he will end up being as much of a PF as Doan, but that's not to take anything away from him. I've never seen him play myself, but from all reports, he's a looking like a top 6 NHLer (obviously not of Crosby or Brule's caliber though).

I have seen Bernier play many times over the past two years, and one of his biggest flaws is that he gets lazy, sometimes seems like he tunes out of the game. I don't know if his head is always there. I have not read any sort of those comments pertaining to Latendresse. He's also got great size. Bernier isn't much bigger. They are both 6'2", and has maybe 10-15 pounds on him now, by the time Latendresse hit's the NHL, they'll probably be equal in weight at 220-225 pounds.

However, to be fair...Guillaume is two years younger, so we haven't seen as much of him, whereas we have a better gauge of Steve Bernier. Look at how well Bernier played his draft year, netting over 100 points as a 17 year old. The he falters the following season, not producing like we all expected. Or even take Adam Pineault for example, a kid who scouts were eagerly anticipating, then he goes to Boston College last year and has a poor season, netting only 4 goals. It doesn't look like Latendresse will hit any sort of road block, but I'm just trying to illustrate the point that Steve Bernier has had 2+ years of exposure.

X-SHARKIE

I've seen alot of Bernier and only two games of Guillaume. I saw Guillaume kind of play non interested just like Bernier.

Both have a tons of upside and I've seen Bernier dominate and it sounds like Latendresse has as well, but I think both of them aren't using there skills to full their full advantage on most nights. I want to see more of Latendresse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->