News Article: bern repudiates this nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Article suggest to improve cap, we consider dealing Kakko/LaF

Potential New York Rangers Trade Chips To Relieve Salary Cap

b'c Kane/Tara/Motte are not returning, while our cap concerns are real and legit tight, we can extend KAM to 6.25 x 8 and still field good team while waiting 1 season at which pt if nec we can eat 2-ish [not half as indicated] to move Trouba + recover most of his cap.

Kreider- Zib - Othmann
kid line
cuylie - Tro - bread
Goodrow - Brodz - Vesey

= our Fs

the above does not include any outside the box deals like selling high on Lindy, Shesty

writers of that article should be ashamed

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Force Panarin out somehow and your problems begin to be solved.

Or at the least get rid of the 4th line, do not bring back Kane and Tarasenko, fill all open spots with kids no shiny toy vets to placate Panarin and Zibanejad.

No more Mikkola. Fill that spot with Jones or another young D.

Reactions: irishlaxburger2

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Force Panarin out somehow and your problems begin to be solved.

Or at the least get rid of the 4th line, do not bring back Kane and Tarasenko, fill all open spots with kids no shiny toy vets to placate Panarin and Zibanejad.

No more Mikkola. Fill that spot with Jones or another young D.
I didn’t mind Vesey at all throughout the season on the 4th line. Other than that I agree with everything else

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The way the people who cover the Rangers talk about their cap situation is brutal. They are not in cap hell by any means, and if they were they aren't trading 22 year old's with 2 million dollar cap hits for "salary relief". Especially when Barclay Goodrow, who failed to out produce any of the Kids btw, is an easy 3.6 that solves any problem they might have salary wise.

Reactions: PuckLuck3043

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Laff aint going anywhere. Comparing him and jack hughes, laff was not just better but pretty significantly better in his first 2 years than hughes at 5v5 play. And im not saying he’ll be better than hughes. Laff has had one bad year and now we should ship him off for a 2nd? LOL.

Hes a surefire 30/30 player, thats his floor for career median production.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
I don’t understand how moving Laf and Kakko help the cap situation. Replacing their production at their respective cap hits will be close to impossible. Where are we going to find top 9 wingers who can play top 6 minutes in a pinch for cheaper than them?

I understand they’ve been disappointing. But there’s still excess value in their contracts given how low their cap hits are. Those are the types of players you need to make the cap work. Not the opposite.

Reactions: bernmeister

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
I don’t understand how moving Laf and Kakko help the cap situation. Replacing their production at their respective cap hits will be close to impossible. Where are we going to find top 9 wingers who can play top 6 minutes in a pinch for cheaper than them?

I understand they’ve been disappointing. But there’s still excess value in their contracts given how low their cap hits are. Those are the types of players you need to make the cap work. Not the opposite.
I mean this seriously. Anyone calling for trading laff or kakko should be fired from their respective outlet. They have zero credibility

Reactions: turcotte8

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
I mean this seriously. Anyone calling for trading laff or kakko should be fired from their respective outlet. They have zero credibility
Kakko was the easy person to make a rumor about last year. He wasn’t moved.

Laf is getting the same treatment this year (and perhaps deservedly so), but Drury isn’t going to change his tune. Especially considering Laf’s pedigree is higher than Kakko’s was.

At worst, I think Drury floats the idea to see if some other team actually overvalues him. But when they inevitably don’t, we’ll keep him (like we did Kakko) and give another year of development. That’s the logical approach for a number of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad