Proposal: bern blueprint multiple nyr deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern, people have been trying to explain to you why every deal you come up with heavily favors the Rangers for literally as long as I can remember, and you’re still doing the same things. Trying to explain to you why deals you make are wildly lopsided in favor of the Rangers is an exercise in insanity at this point.

In short, try thinking about why you are personally willing to make the deal. You get younger, cheaper, and more talented. The inverse of that is that the other team gets older, more expensive, and less talented. Do you see why the other team doesn’t want to do the deal?
bold = potentially fair counterpoint, although the premise needs to be accurate in each case

For ex., take ANA
core pieces dealt are Othmann for Zegras
youth for youth, and if we are getting technical Oth is younger/mo cost controlled

In that instance it is a repurposing of assets to win win for both:
ducks need Ws, NY needs pivots/RDs/picks

If you disagree on the balance pls says so and substantiate.

Put the premise was fair

-----------
Someone thought the DET one worked

------------
And an OTT fan gave a HARD no, which is fine
But I disagree these are rip offs as you suggest

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
bold = potentially fair counterpoint, although the premise needs to be accurate in each case

For ex., take ANA
core pieces dealt are Othmann for Zegras
youth for youth, and if we are getting technical Oth is younger/mo cost controlled

In that instance it is a repurposing of assets to win win for both:
ducks need Ws, NY needs pivots/RDs/picks

If you disagree on the balance pls says so and substantiate.

Put the premise was fair

-----------
Someone thought the DET one worked

------------
And an OTT fan gave a HARD no, which is fine
But I disagree these are rip offs as you suggest
The Ducks need talent. Zegras to Othmann is a huge downgrade.

I am begging you to think critically.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
You included one valuable piece in Othmann and then threw in a bunch of valueless trash for a high end, 22 year old center? And then somehow made Anaheim add picks lol

Not sure how to make you understand trades don't operate like EA sports, GMs can't just add meaningless assets in increments as if they have value
1. Oth and Z are ballpark high end solid basis for swap
It is not like Oth = 2% value of Z.

The rest of it is not trash
it is good W prospects -- 2nd tier but still good at that range -- for Helleson who has not busted out yet

Another example, ANA benefits from getting BMB effectively for futures b'c he already has some marinating under his belt
It is a win win
Rs get picks that help manage cap going forward, which ANA has surplus, and Ducks get a potential replacement pivot for Strome

suggest you pls reread w/second look

The Ducks need talent. Zegras to Othmann is a huge downgrade.

I am begging you to think critically.
disagree

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Bern, people have been trying to explain to you why every deal you come up with heavily favors the Rangers for literally as long as I can remember, and you’re still doing the same things. Trying to explain to you why deals you make are wildly lopsided in favor of the Rangers is an exercise in insanity at this point.

In short, try thinking about why you are personally willing to make the deal. You get younger, cheaper, and more talented. The inverse of that is that the other team gets older, more expensive, and less talented. Do you see why the other team doesn’t want to do the deal?

Often the simplest explaination is the best

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
go bills v chiefs!

There is a scientific process involved here that you couldn’t even begin to understand.

Fact is, bern is miles ahead of the trade forums
I appreciate you acknowledging there is a deliberate perhaps even "scientific" thought process emphasizing logic.
Thank you.

Modesty does not allow me to accept the rest of it, although I will take credit for thinking outside the box, and those who fail to do so, decline an opportunity to benefit from same

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
I saw a bern thread and my first thought was, what is he proposing for Sanderson now, for a second I thought it wasnt there but I just had to scroll for a bit.

Ottawa's only cap issue year is this one we have a bunch of dead cap coming off the books next year. Sanderson/Pinto/Greig all requires over payments and this is a massive under payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad