Proposal: Berglund?

smut

Mar 7, 2013
Sweden
My first post here, feel free to jump or redirect me :)

Do you guys think that we could have P Berglund from St Louis for something around Giordano+

Friendly contract + for an upcoming Rfa.

To Calgary

P Berglund
(K Russell if possible)

To St Louis

M Giordano
L Stempniak

Way off value wise?

The Hendog

Apr 20, 2012
Calgary
As a Flames fan I would be pretty happy with this considering the fall of Gio's play this year and the rise of Brodies play

However the Blue's do not do this as center depth is way to important in today's NHL and Berglund is a big young well rounded center

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Makes little sense for the Blues... We would have to add a lot, I think, and at this point that's not acceptable. Could still see management overpaying.

Mind you if this happened I would be a very happy Flames fan.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
I think the blues would jump on getting Piets his capable D partner on the top line.

With Backes and Steen being the main centers there, it's a possibility.

smut

Mar 7, 2013
Sweden
maybe stajan instead of stemp then if they want a center coming back.

And while im at it, they should try to trade iginla and resign him after the season. Even if he dont want to leave he must feel that he could give it a shot at a team like Pit or Bos for a couple of months and then come back this summer ( because he knows he wont win with Calgary this year and they would get a good return for him)

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
My first post here, feel free to jump or redirect me :)

I like the idea of sending gior out for a centre with 3 other defenseman threiving under Harley. I posted up your idea in the Statsny speculation thread on the main trade proposals board as usually the Blues fans are willing to part with 2 of rattie/ cole/ late first for gio + mid pick (if my memory serves me right)

From intial reaction I think many on the blues side would welcome a swap around those 2

smut

Mar 7, 2013
Sweden
I like the idea of sending gior out for a centre with 3 other defenseman threiving under Harley. I posted up your idea in the Statsny speculation thread on the main trade proposals board as usually the Blues fans are willing to part with 2 of rattie/ cole/ late first for gio + mid pick (if my memory serves me right)

From intial reaction I think many on the blues side would welcome a swap around those 2

Nice, the seem to like the idea even if they rather have Jaybo.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Berglund leads the Blues in goals. And they're not a team with a lot of strength down the middle, particularly as Steen and McDonald are injured. Berglund's one of the more untouchable players on the Blues at the moment.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I think Gio, and our 1st would be close.

It would be but I would never do that, moving Gio means that we now only have 2 top 4 defensemen (Jbow, Widemen) and 2 tweeners (Butler, Brodie) that seems too weak to me. Not to mention that first could be anywhere from 20-1 right now I don't think I would move it unless we get a better player coming back.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
2.5 proposals out of the Statsny thread on the trade board from a couple non-flames posters

STL gets: Paul Stastny
CGY gets: Patrik Berglund
COL gets: Mark Giordano (or JayBo) + STL 2nd rd pick

CGY gets: Berglund, Kris Russell
STL gets: Stastny, Derek Smith
COL gets: Giordano, Stempniak, OTT 2nd rd pick '13

COL: Bouwmeester+
STL: Stastny+
CAL: Berglund+

I'd do either of the first 2 the 3rd I dont see going everywhere as I would argue Jay has better value than Stastny but I'm sure there are plently of Colorado fans that would disagree by a wide margin.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Welcome Smut. Just so you know, it is not common for posters to make trade proposals that may actually make sense for both teams. You are supposed to pitch your teams' unwanted, overpaid, aging junk for another teams up and coming stars. Throw in a late draft pick.

How about Sarich and a 4th for Berglund, Bouwmeester and a 5th for Backes and a 1st. Those are more proper HF trade proposals. Don't worry, you'll learn.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Sure I suppose it's advantageous to have "natural centers" on the team, but it's better to have guys that are really good at taking face offs. Any guy on the ice can take a face off, and any guy on the ice can roam around like a centerman if he feels like it or the coach tells him to. If you have a guy who is a really good playmaker, all the better. I seem to remember Mario Lemieux would take all the face offs, but after the draw he would revert to more of a winger type and play along the perimeter, when he wasn't dangling all the way in and scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->