Speculation: Berglund & Lehtera to Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfather

Feb 13, 2004
Have confirmed with an Ottawa writer that the #Sens have increasing interest in Patrik Berglund and Jori Lehtera. #stlblues

Also, a PHWA member based in Ottawa told me #Sens aren't looking to move roster players besides Ryan, Lazar. Also stated that... (1/2)

A few seasons ago #Blues and #Sens neared a deal including Berglund but it fell through after Spezza was dealt to Dallas. (2/2)

Per @The_STG

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
I don't see why the Blues would trade both Berglund AND Lehtera without a Center coming back, Unless, there is a deal in place elsewhere for a Shatty for center trade.

Godfather

Feb 13, 2004
Also from @The_STG

Most interesting tidbit from him was some of the #Sens prospects that could be dealt are Dahlen, Chalpik, & most interestingly... (1/2)

Said that St. Louis native and former 1st round pick, Logan Brown could be had in the correct offer. #stlblues (2/2)

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
If Logan Brown is on the table for one of Berglund or Lehtera, then Ottawa is either way lower on Brown than I thought or too high on Berglund/Lehtera

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I would love to add Logan Brown to our prospect pool! I would imagine if Lehtera is involved, there would have to be salary coming back. Interesting ...

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
There's literally NO way this trade makes any sense.
Why would Ottawa trade for TWO centres? SMH

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Could see the Sens being very interested in Berglund, but there's no way Brown is involved. Hard to imagine Dahlen or Chlapik either given the seasons they are having.

Lazar + 3rd would be the most I'd give

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
The idea makes sense as a concept.

1. Berglund and Lehtera are definitely the type of player the Sens would have interest in right now. They're looking for cheap 'tweeners on the to bolster depth due to injuries and the impending playoffs.

2. I don't expect the Blues to be looking draft picks because they're still a playoff team, they just need to re-tool a bit, so someone closer to the NHL would appeal to them anyway.

3. Ottawa has no 2nd round pick this year (and next) due to trades. The 1st round pick is likely off limits even more than usual as a result.

4. Ottawa has significant depth outside the NHL. Dahlen and Chalpik have caught on fire this year and Ottawa already has some really solid prospects like White, Perron, and Brown at forward. There's also guys like Gagne who need icetime in the AHL. As well some youngish NHL/AHL guys like Lazar and Paul who are still around.

If true, it will always come down to price. I sincerely doubt Brown is on the table after Ottawa traded up to get him. Also, Dahlen and Chalpik are getting tons of hype right now, so it could just be a guy looking for attention.

Last edited:

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
My offer would be something like this:

Ryan+Lazar+Chlapik for Berglund+Lehtera

And even then some sens fans wont like it becausw of how hot Chlapik has been this year.

Dont want Ryans contract? Then no deal to be had.

You want Logan Brown we are talking Schwartz (and even then I hesitate, because Brown has potential to be exactly what we are missing)

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
i'm calling BS on this one. no way sens deal Brown for Lehtera and Berglund

Agreed. As a Blues fan I'd LOVE to bring Brown back to stl, but don't see this as realistic at all. Probably just some guy looking for follows/retweets.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Just to play along. What would it take to get Logan Brown?

I don't see anything on the Blues roster that would make sense for a guy like Logan Brown. Ottawa traded up to get him. It would have to be a pretty big trade.

Since Tarasenko, Parayko, and Pietrangelo are, obviously, off the table.

What does St. Louis have?

Allen makes no sense since Ottawa has a goalie already. Steen, Bouwmeester, and Stastny are outside Ottawa's core in age and kind of redundant pieces from a team-building perspective. Shattenkirk is a rental who won't re-sign for Ottawa's budget.

Lehtera, Perron, and Berglund don't have the value.

Schwartz is worth something big, but he doesn't match Ottawa's needs.

You tell me.

Last edited:

SirPaste

Jun 30, 2010
STL
My offer would be something like this:

Ryan+Lazar+Chlapik for Berglund+Lehtera

And even then some sens fans wont like it becausw of how hot Chlapik has been this year.

Dont want Ryans contract? Then no deal to be had.

You want Logan Brown we are talking Schwartz (and even then I hesitate, because Brown has potential to be exactly what we are missing)

This would leave the Blues with Stastny Brodziak Barbasehv and Lazar as their centers, just no chance of this happening

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I don't see anything on the Blues roster that would make sense for a guy like Logan Brown. Ottawa traded up to get him. It would have to be a pretty big trade.

Since Tarasenko, Parayko, and Pietrangelo are, obviously, off the table.

What does St. Louis have?

Allen makes no sense since Ottawa. Steen, Bouwmeester, and Stastny are outside Ottawa's core in age and kind of redundant pieces from a team-building perspective. Shattenkirk is a rental who won't re-sign for Ottawa's budget.

Lehtera, Perron, and Berglund don't have the value.

Schwartz is worth something big, but he doesn't match Ottawa's needs.

You tell me.

I honestly don't know Ottawa's needs but going off of what you mentioned above. I honestly don't think Blues-Sens are good trade partners.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Berglund AND Lethera? I call BS. Berglund perhaps, but Lethera? Doubt it. Both? Nope.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Blues GM, "you want Berglund? Fine, but you will have to take Lehtera too"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad