Berglund Headshot on Chytil

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Great hit! Berglund stayed down and through the body, and caught him admiring his pass. It’s not even worth an interference penalty. I mean seriously, Chytil passed the puck maybe what 10 feet? And he got hit before that pass could even get there. That’s not late

This board has officially gone soft if this is post worthy

It’s post worthy, but only because it was an awesome hit

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Do we not know that the player is still live for a second after getting rid of the puck? Berglund hits him around a full Mississippi after Chytil passes the puck. Pretty sure Chris Neil’s hit on Drury back in the day was later than that and it was deemed clean.

However the head is the principle point of contact, even if he didn’t target the head. So this should be a maximum fine or 1-2 games. I don’t think berglund has any track record.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Confirmed on Rangers post game broadcast the league is reviewing the hit. Chytil left the game for 15 minutes for the mandatory concussion protocol.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Do we not know that the player is still live for a second after getting rid of the puck? Berglund hits him around a full Mississippi after Chytil passes the puck. Pretty sure Chris Neil’s hit on Drury back in the day was later than that and it was deemed clean.

However the head is the principle point of contact, even if he didn’t target the head. So this should be a maximum fine or 1-2 games. I don’t think berglund has any track record.
The player is absolutely NOT eligible to be hit after releasing the puck a second later, not sure where you made that up from. Usually they give a .2-.3 second grace period on a major hit and allow minor nothing hits. Not lining a guy up after he passes the puck. It’s a avoidable hit.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Did we watch the same game? He wasn’t exactly good

That’s what I’m thinking you don’t remember his break away his tipped shot from the point, his one timer, among others he was steady as a rock also defensively. Such a presence. What do you expect him to do he’s 18 a dman coming to a team that isn’t great defensively getting used to the small ice and had had to play two teams who were extremely aggressive on the forecheck this far, both coming off losses which fueled their tank.

He hasn’t been overly great but he’s been very good.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I know it’s the rangers but they are hungry Hutton is unreal

Oh and to be on topic “blasphemy” actually I’m indifferent just wanted to say that.

Edit- dahlin could have four pts easy tonight my god he’s good

Hanging out with Riley Cote tonight?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
From what I’ve seen on the videos, timing between puck release and the hit was fine, it’s not interference or a late hit.

It does look like Chytils head was the main point of contact. Berglund has a suspension heading his way in my opinion.

Haven’t looked up Berglunds suspension history, but if this is his first I’d expect 2-4 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: sabresEH

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I'm gonna say it... If this was Wilson people would be going insane...

Not at all.

The things Wilson has done are appalling and the reactions to it are entirely fair.

This hit is maybe a 2 min penalty. Definitely not a headshot.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
A lot of Blues fans' criticism of Berglund was that he wasn't as physical and didn't use his size as much as he could have. He's still playing this way. It was a shot to the head, but it's just really unfortunate timing. Bergie is in good position to defend Chytil but he passes and turns getting very low into Berglund's shoulder. Chytil has more say in where Berglund's shoulder lands here. Which is not to say it is his fault, it's just unfortunate timing.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I think he will get a short suspension. Its late and head is the main point of contact. Its a body check by Berglund but to the head of Chytil, not very dirty but no need to do it when Chytil doesnt have the puck.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He hit him below the head from what I can see, and it only looks somewhat bad or worse than it is, because Berglund is taller. Big deal if it was no puck or not, because if you were posting it because of that reason, than you are starting a thread because of a missed interference call. Interference is a penalty, that doesn't make it dirty!

Point of contact was also Berglund's elbow to Chytil midsection.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Most Sabres fans would be happy to see Berglund sit for a while, but that hit doesn't even rate a fine.

Insomniac99

Oct 26, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
The only reason Chytil took any of that to the face was because he turned at the last second and he was leaning forward. With that being said, the head was only barely the principle point of contact. It's obvious Berglund was trying to put his body into Chytil's chest. If Chytil isn't bent over like that, then it's simply a body shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad