Berglund first career hat trick

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Good for him.

He's been a solid-but-unspectacular player for a long time. Happy the fates lined up for him today.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
ok thank u

Why the salt? Guy has a career high of 22 goals and hasn't broken 20 since 2010-11. He's a UFA this summer for the first time (I believe STL re-signed him as an RFA at his last contract? May be wrong) and now he has 17 goals in 56 including 16 in his last 26. If this isn't the classic case of a guy who many have always felt had the tools but underachieved finally turning in an effort the season before he potential cashes out than I don't know what is. I've always liked Berglund but at times, with poor production and his contract Blues fans have been eager to dump him. Now with UFA looming he's going beast mode and if he keeps it up for 25 more games will likely come close to 30 and get a nice pay day. I don't feel that my contract year comment missed the mark at all.

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Why the salt? Guy has a career high of 22 goals and hasn't broken 20 since 2010-11. He's a UFA this summer for the first time (I believe STL re-signed him as an RFA at his last contract? May be wrong) and now he has 17 goals in 56 including 16 in his last 26. If this isn't the classic case of a guy who many have always felt had the tools but underachieved finally turning in an effort the season before he potential cashes out than I don't know what is. I've always liked Berglund but at times, with poor production and his contract Blues fans have been eager to dump him. Now with UFA looming he's going beast mode and if he keeps it up for 25 more games will likely come close to 30 and get a nice pay day. I don't feel that my contract year comment missed the mark at all.

Yeah a bunch of Blues fans are already talking about extending him and I like you are a little iffy, He is a pretty solid 3rd Center, but that is it. He is playing his but off right now but will it continue..... I am in the camp that he he is willing to give the ole home town discount he is worth a resign but we cannot have all of our top 3 Centers over paid with Stastny and Lehtara.

Anyway he has been fun to watch and a bunch of his goals have been from him going to the front of the net and earning them, so I am glad to see it pay off for him.

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l

ok thank u

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

thanks again

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Although short, my contract year comment at least had a purpose. Anyone paying attention who has a vague idea of Berglund's career production and the fact that he's about to be UFA should be wondering if his production is going to continue or if he is bound to earn a nice pay day and then return to his average ~17 goal a year form. The comment was meant to spark some conversation about whether this was just a contract year push or if Berglund is breaking out at this later stage of his career.

Comments like "ok thank u" and "thanks again" are just immature crap responses from people who have enough time in their life to post on the internet over 40 times per day. You'd think spending that much time on this site, you'd actually be interested in discussing hockey instead of just being a snot.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Although short, my contract year comment at least had a purpose. Anyone paying attention who has a vague idea of Berglund's career production and the fact that he's about to be UFA should be wondering if his production is going to continue or if he is bound to earn a nice pay day and then return to his average ~17 goal a year form. The comment was meant to spark some conversation about whether this was just a contract year push or if Berglund is breaking out at this later stage of his career.

Comments like "ok thank u" and "thanks again" are just immature crap responses from people who have enough time in their life to post on the internet over 40 times per day. You'd think spending that much time on this site, you'd actually be interested in discussing hockey instead of just being a snot.

agree :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad