Speculation: Bergevin Press Conference

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
All of you who won't be watching because Bergevin makes you mad, you need to change the way you see it.

Instead of hoping for tough questions and honest answers, you need to see it as a comedy show and focus on the dumb clichés he says and how he struggles with both languages. It makes it TREMENDOUSLY more enjoyable.

Man i rofl for about 5 minutes after he said regulalileté. I posted it here right after he said it and i could barely type on my keyboard. Honestly i typed random letters.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
I love Marc Bergevin press conference, they are always entertaining and funny. :tvhappy:

Pure comedy gold, just like this franchise...it’s one big joke for me.

Yup :D

I can't wait for his Token expression to come out of it . Every Press Conference has that defining moment

Reactions: mariolemieux66

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
This is how MB should start his end of season PC..

Thanks for coming out everyone. First I'd like to say I'm terrible at my job and I'm in way over my head and really have no idea I'm doing. Even though we're very disappointed by our season we're gonna work hard to make this team better. I have a plan but I just can't tell you what it is but you'll see. (Insert arrogant grin)

I know the fans are very disappointed with the team this past season but thankfully I have the full support and confidence of my very good buddy Geoff who said he still believes I can fix this huge disaster I've created.

Truthfully though I doubt Geoff still believes I can fix this team and the only reason I'm not fired is because I have too many years and too much money left on my contract. Everyone knows it so I may as well just say it.

With all that out of the way it's very hard to win in this league when you have injuries to players like Shea and Carey who are impossible to replace in the line up...

Insert BS... Character... More BS... Injuries... Yet even more BS... Build through the draft... Something about top centers... More BS until PC ends..

Anyway thanks for coming out and we'll see you all next season.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
In what other job can you:

get hired without any prior direct experience

fail at it for 5 yrs and still keep your job

hire your buddies as you wish

have your boss have your back no matter how incompetant

one of the major reason your in that position
is you speak a certain language ( eventhough its not really needed)

provide the same excuses yr after yr

trade away your most popular player in years

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
The season will be retrofitted into an overarching plan.

1) Could have fixed it at any time between October and the TDL, but opted not to.
2) Kids from Laval got experience for the future. We are on the right track.
3) The right peoples are in place. Stability is key. The usual inertia fallacy.
4) Injuries.
5) After a "thorough analysis" (read: shallow reasoning.) of point #1, #2, #3 and #4, they reached the conclusion it was the right time to take a step back to make a leap forward.
6) The "plan" can only be discussed internally; Fans are too dumb to understand, other GM are listening. And really, you can't have a Bergevin press conference without at least one appeal to ignorance, "I know stuffs you don't, so don't question what I am doing." is pretty much his signature move.
7) Generic evasive maneuvers about how hard his job is. The Parity & Puck luck platitude and a dozen of piss poor analogies.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
It's not the playstation guys.

This press conference is brought to you by our bankrupt sponsor:

DYsr1zVVQAAsYk0.jpg

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Have fun with, one of those drinking games - every time he blames the season on Chucky (or Drouin who might be the new bus speed bump) you do a shot. Mentions Character, that's a shot. Just got to get into the playoffs and anything can happen, yup that's a shot. Trades are hard, there's just no centres available, it's not playstation, blames injuries, lack of confidence, blames Radulov for not resigning, blames Markov for not bowing down to him - you guessed it all shots.

If he blames himself or his staff in Montreal or Laval... who am I kidding with that one

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
I love Marc Bergevin press conference, they are always entertaining and funny. :tvhappy:

Pure comedy gold, just like this franchise...it’s one big joke for me.

It is, well said. One big joke.

Molson knows nothing about sports, hires a new GM that would of been at best a delivery driver for a random pizzeria in repentigny if it wasn’t for hockey.

The habs give underachievers we dont want to see way too much ice time and those who deserve it are treated like used toilet paper.

It makes it really hard to cheer for a team that looks more after its own interest rather than those of its fans.

Molson really needs to gtfo. Hes really not interested in the team it self.

Its pretty clear that all he wanted was to use the habs as a channel to promote his real estate projects and other stuff hes involved in to.

I mean fair enough its a smart idea but i’m sure all your business’s would do expontially better if the habs were actually competing in the playoffs.

Trading Subban for Weber. How much more clueless can you be?

As long as Molson is here this is not our team

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I'm sure he will speak but I doubt he will say anything that will give us any hope for the future or that we haven't heard from him and his predecessors a hundred times over. Habs management is all about saying nothing while pretending to speak. So if you're hoping to hear about a blueprint on how he's going to fix this mess (or even hoping to hear him admit that there is a mess that needs fixing) you'll probably be disappointed. What I do expect to hear from Monsieur "Pas d'excuses" are a lot of excuses: Price's injury, Weber's injury, Pacioretty's injury, Drouin adjusting to a new team and position, etcetera. Then he'll remind us all that "the answers are in the room" and throw the team under the bus just like he did at the end of last year.

Clearly the heady days of "It's on me" are long gone. Now it's everybody's fault except his.
"its on da fans and da players"

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
This is how MB should start his end of season PC..

Thanks for coming out everyone. First I'd like to say I'm terrible at my job and I'm in way over my head and really have no idea I'm doing. Even though we're very disappointed by our season we're gonna work hard to make this team better. I have a plan but I just can't tell you what it is but you'll see. (Insert arrogant grin)

I know the fans are very disappointed with the team this past season but thankfully I have the full support and confidence of my very good buddy Geoff who said he still believes I can fix this huge disaster I've created.

Truthfully though I doubt Geoff still believes I can fix this team and the only reason I'm not fired is because I have too many years and too much money left on my contract. Everyone knows it so I may as well just say it.

With all that out of the way it's very hard to win in this league when you have injuries to players like Shea and Carey who are impossible to replace in the line up...

Insert BS... Character... More BS... Injuries... Yet even more BS... Build through the draft... Something about top centers... More BS until PC ends..

Anyway thanks for coming out and we'll see you all next season.
Nailed it

Reactions: sheed36

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I just get annoyed with the PCs.

I mean no GM is going to give you details and no GM is going to say I completely dropped the ball. Saying at the last one that he has made mistakes is as good as it gets.

But things like "ideally Drouin is a winger" and when he said he wanted CHaracter , speed and youth , leaving out " skill" really ticked me off. You could say making too much out of nothing but to me that is MB , " skill" being an after thought . I hate this CHaracter garbage as well. Skill players can have pride and character also, and you need skill to win, plenty of it.

Anyway. I expect him to say it was a bad year, and the blame can be spread around to many people, including the players and including himself.

He will say that there was also a lot of good that came out of it. That unfortunately there were many key injuries that also played a significant role in it being a bad season, but this also gave opportunity to young players and he liked what he saw of them. Bodes well for the future.

That he has a plan ( win lotto, pray Tavares signs with us, or alternative Stastny) that he obviously cannot discuss, to get the team competitive for a post season birth.

And there will be some changes.

And a couple of things that will really tick us off.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
If Bergevin were a real leader he would acknowledge failure, claim responsibility, state the causes of this failure in detail, discuss what he's learned and give examples of how he plans to improve.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Most probably there will be a press conference as there usually is at season end.
He will not unveil anything, he never did and he certainly will not do that now
He will talk about Chicago having a bad year as well
He will talk about Colorado turning it around this season after a horrible season
He will say he WILL NOT TRADE (insert player) and trade him a couple of weeks later
The rest is all crap as usual and no one gives a flying f*** about him

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Okay I need some help filling out the Marc Bergevin press conference bingo card:

- Gets angry at a tough question
- Makes a playstation joke
- Mentions something is hard
- Talks about working the phones hard
- Defends his off-season acquisitions
- Defends decision to not play Galchenyuk at C
- Mentions Tampa Bay, Colorado, NJ or any team that made the play-offs this year that didn't last year
- Mentions St. Louis or Chicago as teams that made it last year who didn't make it this year
- Mentions character but doesn't mention skill as a direction for the team
- Blames injuries
- Throws a player under the bus
- Mentions a plan but does not give any specifics

Anything big I'm missing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad