Speculation: Bergevin Press Conference

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
24wy0pz.jpg

We are all disappointed with our season.

Injuries hurt us.

Trades are hard.

Centremen in this league, they’re just not available.

It’s a tough league. It’s hard to make the playoffs.

Every day I wake up and try to make this team better.

It’s on me.

Reactions: Price is Wright

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Jsu très désappointé et jva tout faire dans mon possible pour améliorer l'équipe.

x the number of questions asked by reporters.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
1. Markov
2. Radulov
3. Hemsky
4. Alzner
5. Schelmko
6. Streit
7. AHL Coach

Then the pre-season started... Habs done before Game #1

End of Presser...End of Year.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
This is what he will say.

"Weber was injured the first game of the season, OK. That's it, press conference over"

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
All of you who won't be watching because Bergevin makes you mad, you need to change the way you see it.

Instead of hoping for tough questions and honest answers, you need to see it as a comedy show and focus on the dumb clichés he says and how he struggles with both languages. It makes it TREMENDOUSLY more enjoyable.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City

Just replace Therrien with Julien and this is pretty much exactly what this season's end of year presser will be.

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
We seriously have the journalists with the least spine I have ever seen. Ask tough questions tabarnak.

Vern

Dec 9, 2013
I am not disappointed in this season, frankly its exactly what i was expecting, and with optimal results. We were faced with signing markov for 2 years and a big deal for rads and who knows what other additional signings, for what, couldn't expect any different results from last year.

So we replaced emelin with alzner, not looking too good right now but could have gone and still can go either way.

Same with serg-droin which i liked at the time but i dont know what i was thinking and i think many of us feel the same.

Then we decided not to throw 7m x 5 or 6 at rads or even sign markov and left 10-15% of the cap open.

We knew we weren't winning a cup this year so we did what we could to get better, and we're doing a damn good job of it despite all the whiners and moaners and just outright nasty and spiteful fans like pretty much everyone who has posted on this page. Who all claim we are hopeless yet are angry at our performance this season and want the management held accountable for losing

We are now in position to

A. potentially draft a top 3 talent, maybe even a generational defenseman.

B. be a top competitor for some very big ufa's that might come up this off season and next. The types of players that very rarely become available.

Meanwhile this year we broke in two rookie defense (mete and juulsen) and two wingers (hudon and sherback) who look like they could potentially be ready to play next season full time.

I know wingers dont matter but when we do sign or draft a top center we have 3 30 goal-50+ point and 3 20 goal-40+ point wingers to play with them in the top 9

A defense of

Dahlin( or another of the D's in the top 10)-Weber
mete-petry
alzner-juulsen

doesnt seem too bad does it?

Things are looking really good for the future of this team potentially as early as next season or 19-20!

If we dont sign tavares i think we should do exactly what we did this year and tank again!
That is what i want the gm to do.
And i think you all do too.
Why you hate him so much for doing exactly what you want i don't really get.
It's either Subban or just an angry anglo thing i guess.

Lighten up people spring is here :)

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Interested to see if Molson will be there, not for anything he might say just to see how much support he has for Bergevin. Will he let him face the music by himself or with Claude?

Build through the draff will probably come up

Based on what Molson said a couple of weeks ago (It`s important to be competitve every year) it`s still a win-now mentality.

Just looking at the Laval roster right now, is there a legitimate prospect other then Lindgren? If the goal is to build through the draft, they may need to admit that they need to get alot better adding young talent to the organization.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We seriously have the journalists with the least spine I have ever seen. Ask tough questions tabarnak.
For the life of me, I cannot understand why the Montreal media, only give this guy lob ball questions??? I mean really, come on.........let's hope this is the presser, the gloves come off, and maybe Bergevin will not get the chance to be so dam smug, and arrogant.

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
Tourist: What is an exercise in futility?

Trebek: Right!

Tourist: Miserable things for 400.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Interested to see if Molson will be there, not for anything he might say just to see how much support he has for Bergevin. Will he let him face the music by himself or with Claude?

Build through the draff will probably come up

Based on what Molson said a couple of weeks ago (It`s important to be competitve every year) it`s still a win-now mentality.

Just looking at the Laval roster right now, is there a legitimate prospect other then Lindgren? If the goal is to build through the draft, they may need to admit that they need to get alot better adding young talent to the organization.

Molson has been speaking a ton the past 2 years to be honest. He'll be there since Bergevin said he had his support 5 weeks ago.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He will basically say all of the same things, who wouldn't with a 5 year extension and guaranteed money no matter what happens, it will be an insult to your intelligence to watch it so don't.

I will not be heavily invested in the habs next season because I realise that it is a lost cause until he is gone. He will give away either one or both of Pacioretty and Glachenyuk for likely a lesser return and claim yet again that we are better, its like Groundhog day with the habs.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad