Dreger: Bergevin and Botterill in trade discussions?

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
We don't want him gone, we are merely listening to offers on the chance that someone gives us an offer we can't refuse for him. We are perfectly fine to keep him, the only way he is traded is if we are getting a gigantic return.

Yeah that makes more sense. I don't think he gets traded this year. Maybe at the deadline if you guys are not making the playoffs. This is probably one of those deals that takes a year or so to happen.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I don't think Montreal should trade 3rd overall for ROR, but if Montreal is so desperate for a center that they intend to take Kotkaniemi 3rd overall, they'd probably be better off just moving it for ROR. While I'm a fan of Kotkaniemi, I don't realistically foresee Kotkaniemi becoming a better player than ROR.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Other than the third overall, what do the Habs have to trade that Buffalo would really want? If you're trading O'Reilly, which they dont have to do, seriously what on earth from Montreal would interest them other than the 3OA? Value wise you can come up with something but it wouldnt be anything better than what Buffalo already has in the system, as they're not trading Drouin.

You'd have to say, if it's not the 3OA, a deal wont get done.

Well if you’ve been paying any attention, they are in negotiations around Pacioretty. That answers your question doesn’t it?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Pacioretty, Poehling, 35th and 38th overall for ROR will get it done.

I'd rather lose Max for nothing than do this trade.

Pacioretty alone can get minumum a 1st be it now or as a rental at deadline. So to me the value is nuts.

I'd rather trade Max individually to someone else and then see if Buffalo is interested in something, otherwise no thanks.

Reactions: CapSpace

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'd rather lose Max for nothing than do this trade.

Pacioretty alone can get minumum a 1st be it now or as a rental at deadline. So to me the value is nuts.

I'd rather trade Max individually to someone else and then see if Buffalo is interested in something, otherwise no thanks.
Same here. I don't think ROR is a good fit here. He is turmoil everywhere he has been. Be worse in Montreal. I kind of would rather keep our centers way they are. This way without them force a rebuild next year as likely another Habs flop in 2018-19. Pacioretty, Price and Weber should semi-bounce back. Increase their value at March trade deadline. Petry's no-trade be off. Habs in better shape long term if they deal this pick to try and patch it up.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Man stop pretending you’re in the negotiations. It’s really annoying what attitude you guys have on here

And you are in the negotiations?? Botterill has come out and said he'd like to get younger and faster...things that Pacioretty is not. Regardless, it doesn't make any sense why Buffalo would be in negotiations to trade for him. The core group Buffalo has coming together is 8-10 years younger than Patches.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Would throw a 2019 2nd MTL's way for that package. Or retain 1-1.5mil on ROR.
How about just letting Pacioretty talk extension and work something out? Then you don't have to rob us of two 2nd rounders and one of our best prospect centers......

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
And you are in the negotiations?? Botterill has come out and said he'd like to get younger and faster...things that Pacioretty is not. Regardless, it doesn't make any sense why Buffalo would be in negotiations to trade for him. The core group Buffalo has coming together is 8-10 years younger than Patches.

Anything and everything I’ve read has said that Pacioretty is being discussed between the Habs and Sabres. I’m not saying it happens. Where’s your information that Buffalo isn’t talking about Pacioretty? Show me.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Man stop pretending you’re in the negotiations. It’s really annoying what attitude you guys have on here

You sound like my girlfriend. Accusing me of doing what she is doing.

Nice touch, Omar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->