Bergeron v Carter v Vanek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

Carter, Bergeron, Vanek.

Carter: First line centre, plays great offensively AND defensively. Has the leaderships skills as well. PP time and PK time, will have a great career in Philadelphia.

Bergeron: Bergeron does not do anything excellent, but will do everything great. Most players have a strength or weakness. Bergeron is one of those players who will have neither: he'll do everything very good.

Vanek: A goal scorer that everyone will love.

outKast*

Potential wise?

1. Vanek
2. Carter
3. Bergeron

Blue Chipper?
1. Bergeron
2. Carter
3. Vanek

Vanek's playing style looks much like Jaromir Jagr. Then again, the same could be said about Maxim Afinogenov and he's not much of a hot commodity. It's all about how he devolops. Vanek is a huge boom or bust player. There's such a huge range in his potential. I hope he reaches his potential. A gamebreaking skill like Vanek in an American market can only be good for the game.

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
rt said:
Since when was Buffalo considered America?

I kid, I kid.

Hey, there is still a bridge between Buffalo and Canada. If Canada ever invades, just be glad that you in Table, AZ are safe because all those Canadians will be busy eating Chicken Wings here in Buffalo, eh.
:D

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
sabresfan65 said:
Hey, there is still a bridge between Buffalo and Canada. If Canada ever invades, just be glad that you in Table, AZ are safe because all those Canadians will be busy eating Chicken Wings here in Buffalo, eh.
:D

If Mexico ever invades, I'll fly up there to Buffalo and buy you a dozen.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
In terms of potential, Vanek could easily turn out better than Carter and Bergeron. I'd rather have Carter on my team than any other though. Then Bergeron, because there more of a sure thing. Vanek could easily be a bust, not saying that he will but it could definitely happen, I think there's less a chance of Carter being a bust and definitely Bergeron.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Vanek is a year and a half older than Bergeron and almost a year older than Carter. That could make a difference.

outKast*

Crosbyfan said:
Vanek is a year and a half older than Bergeron and almost a year older than Carter. That could make a difference.
Dominik Hasek arrived in the NHL way later than Jamie Storr, doesn't give Storr an edge at all in the skill department. Jeff O'Neill was at one point considered a bust but then broke out with the Hurricanes later than expected. Glen Murray was a second teir player early in his career an is now an elite sniper. Age is over-rated in these boards. I've seen 16 year old kicking ass in a hockey game full of 30 year olds.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I think Carter has far and away the best potential even with Vanek there. Carters skill package must leave scouts in awe. Carter has blazing speed, great size, excellent hand eye coordination along with an NHL shot. Some would think he must be soft in order for Philly to grab him but that isn't that case, Carter is very physical and ended up taking his teamate out in training camp.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i love bergeron, but i'd take carter over him. as someone else said, vanek is boom or bust, it seems.

carter
bergeron
vanek

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
Vanek
Carter
Dustin Rose
Bergeron

Kasparov*

With Carter's impressive showing at WJC's hard not to pick him at #1... However Bergeron is REALLY close.. he's a really unqiue player because he's so young yet already so mature, does everything well, is strong enough to play vs men, and can score goals aswell as play on the pk.

blah

Jun 24, 2003
Jason MacIsaac said:
Some would think he must be soft in order for Philly to grab him but that isn't that case, Carter is very physical and ended up taking his teamate out in training camp.
What are you trying to say? The Flyers only draft soft players or he fell to the Flyers pick b/c the perception at the draft was he was soft?

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
blah said:
What are you trying to say? The Flyers only draft soft players or he fell to the Flyers pick b/c the perception at the draft was he was soft?

Easy ... easy...

Carter
Bergeron
Vanek - wouldn't surprise me if in a couple years he passes Bergeron...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad