Bergeron UFA after next year

Gregah

Jan 29, 2009
8 years between 6-7 mil per. This guy is the glue on this team and leads by example. You see guys like Lucic and Horton struggle with consistency. Bergeron is the epitome of consistency. I think its something he prides himself on. I can't remember the last time Bergeron took a night off. He is a high impact player on both ends of the ice. Chia talks about being tough to play against. Bergeron is that and more. Need a key face-off? Bergeron. Need to shut down a teams star? Bergeron. His line is also taking over as our true offensive line as well. That might be an indictment on how bad that LKH line has played over the last 10 games, but to me, Bergeron seems to be more involved in the offensive end of the ice this year. That probably has alot to do with his linemates too.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Awesome to hear about Bergy's family. I cannot see him playing for any team other than the Bruins for a long time to come. Bergy/Lucic/Chara are the core of the team, any one of which I would be extremely disappointed to see leave.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I would only worry if / when Quebec City gets their NHL team back. Bergy is from there and grew up as a fan of that team. I believe he lives there off season.

I agree. But the new re-alignment doesn't really leave much room for QC unless Detroit or Cbus get shipped back West.

BECAUSE OF THAT... if QC does get a team I'm guessing its an expansion team (add in a 2nd Toronto team to put in the west like the Leafs were and QC with in the east.) Seattle probably gets either an expansion franchise or the Coyotes?

That is my guess of how future expansion would go.

Patrice won't want to play for an expansion team. I guess maybe if the Yotes moved to QC (not gonna happen) he'd consider signing as a UFA there of course but thats the only scenario I see.

I think he is a player conscious of his legacy and knows he can be a career Bruin and one of our all time greats. And he needs to be our captain at some point so he'll have to wait until his mid 30s for Z to retire until he gets his well deserved "C".

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
His family are moving to Boston.

That makes me feel a lot better. If his family were still in Quebec and the Nordiques were to return, I'd be concerned. I know he will stay but this is scenario that would make me think otherwise.

My guess is that Bergy will want a seven year deal to take him to 35. Cement's him in Boston for the very foreseeable future. Another five year deal seems a bit a short.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
I agree. But the new re-alignment doesn't really leave much room for QC unless Detroit or Cbus get shipped back West.

Patrice won't want to play for an expansion team. I guess maybe if the Yotes moved to QC (not gonna happen) he'd consider signing as a UFA there of course but thats the only scenario I see.

I think he is a player conscious of his legacy and knows he can be a career Bruin and one of our all time greats. And he needs to be our captain at some point so he'll have to wait until his mid 30s for Z to retire until he gets his well deserved "C".

Well it does provide for the contingent that one of the Eastern teams like Florida move up there. Were they to move there it would be attractive for Patrice. Young core with alot of talent, will have some expiring contracts, mentor for/playing with Huberdeau.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
If I was GM I'd sit him down as ask him how much he wanted. Then cut him a check for whatever it was and then some. Then give him a hug.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Well it does provide for the contingent that one of the Eastern teams like Florida move up there. Were they to move there it would be attractive for Patrice. Young core with alot of talent, will have some expiring contracts, mentor for/playing with Huberdeau.

Yeah. I think Columbus now being in the East would be the ones to move over Florida to QC. Haven't been to a game in Florida though no clue how their fans are.

I started that thread about going to a Phoenix game and actually driving back to Boston from Phoenix I stopped in C Bus because there was a game going on 1 hour later as I was passing through. I think Phoenix actually had the better attendance and fans than Columbus. Now I think both fans were OK though and hope both keep their teams (F Canada) but I'd probably move Columbus before Phoenix or Florida I guess. And now Cbus are a good fit for QC.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
This is what sucks about over paying Lucic. Bergeron should be making more than Lucic. He should be getting around 6 million. But with Lucic already making that, that puts Bergy at 6.5-7 million.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Out of all the 20something players on the team Bergeron is the only one I see staying with this team for all of his career.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
They were talking about Cuts for a Cause and saying 19 of the B's were going to do it this year.

They said Bergy was not this year because he was getting married soon. I guess his wife-to be doesn't want him looking like a skin head for the wedding :laugh:? Bergy donated some $$$.

I am not sure where his wife to be is from. I believe he has been with her for a few years.

I hope he loves it here. He will look good wearing the "C".

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
They were talking about Cuts for a Cause and saying 19 of the B's were going to do it this year.

They said Bergy was not this year because he was getting married soon. I guess his wife-to be doesn't want him looking like a skin head for the wedding :laugh:? Bergy donated some $$$.

I am not sure where his wife to be is from. I believe he has been with her for a few years.

I hope he loves it here. He will look good wearing the "C".

Bergeron says Boston is his home...

His wife to be Stéphanie Bertrand is from Quebec, she's a university graduate in psychology.

Last edited:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The bruins hope for 5 years 30 million. But bergeron may be looking for 8 years 7 million a year.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
Pretty random, anyone remember the commercials with him and Andrew Raycroft driving the Zamboni to work?

I would rather not imagine a situation where Patrice Bergeron isn't a Bruin. If there's not enough cap space for him, I'd start moving guys. He's THE guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->