Bergeron UFA after next year

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Unless Bergeron wants to leave, I think the Bruins open the checkbook to keep him in Boston.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
What you have for breakfast ? A plate full of crack ?Bruins are firmly in a playoff spot 2 pts out of division lead and will get guys back and probably get a little help via Chia.I think you need to relax.Bergeron is the heart of the whole organization.Even when he not playing his best he still better then most them.

I think the fact that there is a sarcasm emoticon on this board makes it so people don't realize when there is blatant sarcasm :laugh:

David Krejci*

I would be utterly shocked (and devastated) if he didn't retire a Bruin. Either way he's already 1000% the next captain, and his number's already going in the rafters.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Home discount... In the case of Bergeron, i couldn't careless about his willingness to give us and home discount or not. The guy deserved every penny of his contract. By far our best and consistent forward for years. Don't insult the guy by asking him to give an home discount especially when Kelly/Peverly are earning 3 per and Lucic 6 per. It's not because Chiarelli overpaid for some players that Bergeron should pick up the tab...

Like all Bruins fans I love Bergeron but I care about the Bruins getting a good deal. I always do. I wish Lucic would have given a hometown discount but he didn't that doesn't mean I hope Bergeron doesn't give one. It is always still a negotiation, you think Chiarelli is going to hand him a blank cheque and not care, the cap is going to get tight I am a Bruins fan first, if that means one less fancy car for their top players that is fine with me.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Like all Bruins fans I love Bergeron but I care about the Bruins getting a good deal. I always do. I wish Lucic would have given a hometown discount but he didn't that doesn't mean I hope Bergeron doesn't give one. It is always still a negotiation, you think Chiarelli is going to hand him a blank cheque and not care, the cap is going to get tight I am a Bruins fan first, if that means one less fancy car for their top players that is fine with me.

Can tell you this: If money is the problem, Chiarelli will move a contract instead of letting Bergeron go. Bergeron is the heart and soul of the team and he's everything a team can ask from a player: commitment, professionnalism and work ethic. If you think for one second that the Bruins will let Bergeron walk away, you're not watching enough Bruins's games. When i look at Lucic and his 6 per salary and look at Bergeron and his 5 per, well... something is wrong, VERY wrong. That's what happen when you overpay for a player in his 2nd contract: you are painted in the corner for the 3rd one.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Not going to worry. Patrice will be here for life. This team is built around him. Blank check. I'll blow things up to sign him if need be.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
There's no amount of money that we wouldn't give Bergy. If he ever left, it would hurt FAR more than any salary he could get...

We would overpay him like hell, and knowing him, he won't demand overpayment. 6-6.5 long-term is my guess, and he'd deserve every penny. He's our best forward, probably will be for a while, arguably the best two-way player in the game, and our future captain. If there's anyone on the Bruins who's staying here for his whole career, it's him or no one.

If he wanted to leave, it's up to him, but why the hell would he? He plays on a team that is contending now and will be contending for quite a while, and he's one of the centerpieces. He's also idolized here by everyone, and he loves the city and it's fans.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
There's no amount of money that we wouldn't give Bergy. If he ever left, it would hurt FAR more than any salary he could get...

We would overpay him like hell, and knowing him, he won't demand overpayment. 6-6.5 long-term is my guess, and he'd deserve every penny. He's our best forward, probably will be for a while, arguably the best two-way player in the game, and our future captain. If there's anyone on the Bruins who's staying here for his whole career, it's him or no one.

If he wanted to leave, it's up to him, but why the hell would he? He plays on a team that is contending now and will be contending for quite a while, and he's one of the centerpieces. He's also idolized here by everyone, and he loves the city and it's fans.

I would only worry if / when Quebec City gets their NHL team back. Bergy is from there and grew up as a fan of that team. I believe he lives there off season.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
If Patrice can go nearly PPG like he is now, while playing Selke caliber defense, he should command a lot more then the 6 million dollar/year cap hit being tossed around in here. Unless of course he takes a home discount.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Can tell you this: If money is the problem, Chiarelli will move a contract instead of letting Bergeron go. Bergeron is the heart and soul of the team and he's everything a team can ask from a player: commitment, professionnalism and work ethic. If you think for one second that the Bruins will let Bergeron walk away, you're not watching enough Bruins's games. When i look at Lucic and his 6 per salary and look at Bergeron and his 5 per, well... something is wrong, VERY wrong. That's what happen when you overpay for a player in his 2nd contract: you are painted in the corner for the 3rd one.

I agree.

I never said that the Bruins would let him go, actually I said I have no doubt they will resign him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->