Injury Report: Bergeron - to the hospital

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Not good either way if he`s out but I`d be far more relieved that it`s a spleen injury rather than another concussion

Patrick Roy

Jun 21, 2013
Riga
I generally ignore most of what Havgs says but if it is an injury he already had-then spleen seems to be out and heads back in the direction of back-makes some sense for why Yeti was in but then I would have already put Yeti in before this.

But, if you look from that point, it looks completely different, why to go for Yeti, doesn't it. Except missing 1st game's winner Daugavins have not f**ked up anything else.

Yet, I wouldn't say scratching Daugavins surprises me.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
But, if you look from that point, it looks completely different, why to go for Yeti, doesn't it. Except missing 1st game's winner Daugavins have not f**ked up anything else.

Yet, I wouldn't say scratching Daugavins surprises me.

um, he ****ed up a three on one, a two on one, took a dumb penalty, even made contact with Rask before the only goal Chicago scored in game 2. I like the Dog Man, but he has been horrific and anyone who hasn't noticed has either not watched the game, a family member, or has ADD

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
um, he ****ed up a three on one, a two on one, took a dumb penalty, even made contact with Rask before the only goal Chicago scored in game 2. I like the Dog Man, but he has been horrific and anyone who hasn't noticed has either not watched the game, a family member, or has ADD

Yep, every potential opportunity has died on his stick, or been killed by his lack of focus

Patrick Roy

Jun 21, 2013
Riga

3v1, 2v1? Sounds like you've written down everything he did ''wrong''. How many times someone else screwd 3v1, 2v1? I bet none, right? Did we got goal in his penalty? No, so it's as equal as anyone else's penalty. Made contact with Rask? You mean when he was pushed in his back? Yeah, lets count it.

Sure, we can discuss all the little things he haven't done or he have missed, but what I'm saying, he had 1 huge opportunity, and can be partly blamed for 1st game, and partly *my opinion* because there was also mistakes on 2nd/3rd goal, from defenders, and there were some scoring chances for big guys.
I don't even understand why are you attacking to me about where I mentioned Daugavins, when this is clearly not topic about him? If Julien thought that Daugavins wasn't best choice to step up in place of Campbell, do you really think he would have put him on ice? And he would've been replaced already if coach had better ideas.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
From what they showed on CBC it doesn't look like a concussion at all. However if it's his spleen we can forget about him for the SCF (VERY LONG RECOVERY TIME). My wife had her spleen removed you can live without one without any problem (just requires some shots every now and then). From what I understood it's much more important in your growing years as opposed to adulthood.

I

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
bergeron going on the fly fly has to be good news, right?

noose-o.gif

right?

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Would he be able to fly if he had an issue with his spleen and had surgery on it last night/this morning?

My first thought would be no, but I have absolutely no idea.

Brewski

Jun 16, 2013
Sarajevo
Well if it was a ruptured spleen he wouldn't be flying, nor would have been able to walk to the ambulance on his own power.

Even internal damage to the spleen - he wouldn't be traveling.

Hmm.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
So far, so good? I mean, him traveling home with the boys is good news. If it was his spleen, he wouldn't be doing that.

Hope for the best at this point. And may Bergy heal like Superman, Amen.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I am much relieved to read

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Much intrigue/deception on injuries in playoffs so take this FWIW on what I'm told on Bergeron: No one has correctly guessed body part yet.

Hope for the best.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Or that the hospital visit was precautionary and he's OK.

Speculation is normal, but really, nobody knows anything.

It is making me wonder if they went to the hospital for a higher quality diagnostic. While teams have X-rays and other equipment it is often a lower quality. Much like the ultrasound machine most OBs have in their office is a lower quality than those at hospitals.

Or perhaps it was something weird that they will never tell us or only tell us in vague terms.

I am starting to think it might be his back or hip.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
If it were a ruptured spleen, he'd be septic and in surgery.

that he flew home is an excellent sign.

Brewin8

Jul 17, 2008
British Columbia
Flying with team this morning would rule out ruptured spleen ie surgery. This is good news for Bergys sake. Now we wait and speculate the rest of the day for news on the extent of the injury as he was reportedly taken to hospital for observation...
Let's keep our fingers crossed for his health and secondly for him being able to play.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I am much relieved to read

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Much intrigue/deception on injuries in playoffs so take this FWIW on what I'm told on Bergeron: No one has correctly guessed body part yet.

Hope for the best.

Shoot I think just about every body part has been listed what's left?

I am very glad he is going home with the team-that's at least good for him even if whatever it is means he won't play the next two games-the spleen speculation had me worried.

Get well Bergy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->