Injury Report: Bergeron - to the hospital

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Pretty sure if you get your spleen removed or even bruised you are done playing for 6 weeks-spleen injury can easily result in massive blood loss and death.

Bergy is done for the season if that is his injury.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Yotes fan in peace. Bruins are my 2nd NHL team and Bergy is my favorite non-Phoenix player. Really tough blow for him, the Bs, and their fans if the spleen injury is legit. Fingers crossed he's okay and makes a full recovery, Grail or no Grail.

David Krejci*

How does that even happen? Is it just a freak thing or what? Talk about bad luck, ****ing hell.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
A ruptured spleen is accompanied by profuse internal bleeding and requires emergency surgery. Has he been operated on yet?

Hasn't been confirmed if it's actually his spleen. Only rumors. :(

Hopefully we find out later today..and hopefully its good news.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
A ruptured spleen is accompanied by profuse internal bleeding and requires emergency surgery. Has he been operated on yet?

Spleens don't necessarily rupture-and there are other things this may have been.

My daughter played soccer with a kid for one season who injured his liver in a skiing accident and they wouldn't let him play contact sports for (he played football and the doctors allowed him to play soccer).

I am wondering if it is spleen or some other internal organ how it happened-you don't just skate to the puck and get internal injuries-makes me wonder if he took a weird hit or bad fall (and I don't particularly think it was illegal but the footage NBC kept showing was when he felt the pain not necessarily when he got the injury).

Brewski

Jun 16, 2013
Sarajevo
From everything I've read, Bergy is out for this series if it is indeed the spleen.

Not good. I pray to God he comes back. :help:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
From everything I've read, Bergy is out for this series if it is indeed the spleen.

Not good. I pray to God he comes back. :help:

And could very well be out for the start of next season.

Granted this is all speculation since the team has pretty much said nothing about the nature of the injury.

Patrick Roy

Jun 21, 2013
Riga
Saw Haggerty replying on twitter to someone that he might have had that injury already in previous game, from analyzing some of his weak body checks and slow play at some of last goals, and that would *just my opinion* even more increase chances for Soderberg, as his role is center.

Hope he will be fine and ready to return for next game.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I generally ignore most of what Havgs says but if it is an injury he already had-then spleen seems to be out and heads back in the direction of back-makes some sense for why Yeti was in but then I would have already put Yeti in before this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->