Bergeron or Horton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acr*

Ponik said:
Which has the best offensive upside in few years?
Range 75-80 points is possible?

Horton will be better offensively, but that doesn't mean bergeron will be bad

Bergeron will probably be a more coplete player with his work on the PK unit

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
acr said:
Horton will be better offensively, but that doesn't mean bergeron will be bad

Bergeron will probably be a more coplete player with his work on the PK unit

I have to agree with this

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Bergeron's offense is underrated.

He scored 2G, 5 PTS last night against Portland including a shortie, giving him 16 points (6G, 10A) in 13 AHL games.

Horton is a pure power forward who will probably put up some big numbers, and I'd say he's the better bet for a higher offensive ceiling, but Bergeron is a superior playmaker and will likely generate some offense through assists.

Bruins4Ever

Sep 12, 2004
Caledonia, Ontario
Too close to call. I don't know if I'd rather have a Lindross type player in Horton, or a more offensive minded player like Heatley (although he won't be as good) in Bergeron. But if I were building a team, I'd take Horton. Although I'd love to have a Bergeron on my team anyday, good power forwards are hard to come across these days. I say Horton has Thornton, Tkachuk, Lindross, Bertuzzi, Iginla style promise to him.

regdunlap7

Sep 28, 2003
lowell, ma
Visit site
Bergeron plays a lot bigger than he is (and he isn't exactly small). I think Patrice is the better skater and the better stick handler and he has proven he can play with poise in the playoffs. I'll take Bergeron, but I don't think either one of them will be 80 pt. scorers.

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I really like both players. I'm going to pick Bergeron for overall offense but thats just a gut feeling. At this point in their respective careers, its difficult to say who will be better offensively and they both bring a lot to the table besides their offense.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Both players have already had an impact on the NHL. I'd rather have Horton as i feel he has the higher offensive upside and will put up bigger points. Thats not to say Bergeron wont as i think he will. Both should will very good players in the future. I think Horton will be around point per game whereas Bergeron maybe 60-70 point bracket.

I.am.ca

J17ster said:
Both players have already had an impact on the NHL. I'd rather have Horton as i feel he has the higher offensive upside and will put up bigger points. Thats not to say Bergeron wont as i think he will. Both should will very good players in the future. I think Horton will be around point per game whereas Bergeron maybe 60-70 point bracket.

Horton as a point per gamer...i think thats pushing it. But i think Bergeron and Horton will have the same point out put. I just think that Horton will have a bigger impact on his team. He's going to get stronger and more physical and that will make some defensemen and players want to respect him as for Bergeron well he's not your physical type of player but he's a very solid player. I like both players i think both are going to be about equal points wise, Bergeron more on the assists side while Horton more on the goals side.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
He's also very mature for your average 19-year-old.

He was still 17 when the B's drafted him, and I was blown away by his comments to me when we sat down for about an hour at the hotel in Nashville on Sunday after the draft wrapped up.

I won't say that I knew he was going to make the Bruins as an 18 YO- nobody saw that coming- but I did feel he was going to do it soon, because he was so level-headed and focused on being a professional.

He's a terrific story, and Canadian hockey fans should be thrilled to have him in their WJC lineup. He'll do a bang-up job on an already stacked team. Gold or bust in Grand Forks...

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
I.am.ca said:
Horton as a point per gamer...i think thats pushing it. But i think Bergeron and Horton will have the same point out put. I just think that Horton will have a bigger impact on his team. He's going to get stronger and more physical and that will make some defensemen and players want to respect him as for Bergeron well he's not your physical type of player but he's a very solid player. I like both players i think both are going to be about equal points wise, Bergeron more on the assists side while Horton more on the goals side.

Horton showed last year that he has the potential to be a point per game guy. For a 3 week period just before his shoulder injury he was scoring a point per game and was the panthers best player. If he hadn't been injured he would of racked up 40 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad