Bergeron destroying WJCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
I believe he only got 2 points today.. and now has 10 points in 4 , I think he's playing great but im not sure we should over hype him ..consider this.. 6 points in last 3 games in which about 28 goals were scored..... considering the way he played in exhibition and in the first game (4 points) .. i think he should have more points at this stage - I think hes saving it for the medal rounds ;)

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
He is a great player but he has nowhere near the upside Ovechkin, Malkin, or Crosby has.

leafaholix*

cassius said:
He is a great player but he has nowhere near the upside Ovechkin, Malkin, or Crosby has.
That's not the point of this tournament.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
cassius said:

Where does someone get off saying "nowhere near"???

If you were to say that he won't be as good as those 3 -I'll lend you an ear, and agree with you...

but to say that he isn't in their class is pure ignorance in my opinion... he has done nothing but prove doubters wrong -... he is a very humble kid who just loves to play hockey... and has shown that he can do it at every level better than the majority of the guys drafted ahead of him...

If Bergeron had been a 1st-rounder -*some* people here would see more "upside" I bet.... the Bruins were not going to blink... if Stuart had not been available they would have taken Bergeron with that selection.

But whatever, I digress... keep thinking of Bergeron as a second-rate talent... at least most people are now getting to see the real deal...

leafaholix*

Colt.45Orr said:

If you were to say that he won't be as good as those 3 -I'll lend you an ear, and agree with you...

but to say that he isn't in their class is pure ignorance in my opinion... he has done nothing but prove doubters wrong -... he is a very humble kid who just loves to play hockey... and has shown that he can do it at every level better than the majority of the guys drafted ahead of him...

If Bergeron had been a 1st-rounder -*some* people here would see more "upside" I bet.... the Bruins were not going to blink... if Stuart had not been available they would have taken Bergeron with that selection.

But whatever, I digress... keep thinking of Bergeron as a second-rate talent... at least most people are now getting to see the real deal...
If you're arguing that he has the same upside as Ovechkin, Malkin, and Crosby, you must be on something good.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Sorry to bug you guys...

Just wondering...

What is the age difference between Bergeron and Ovechkin in months??

I know Bergeron was pretty young for his draft class and Ovechkin older for his... so what is the actual age difference in months...

again-thanks in advance.... :handclap: :handclap:

leafaholix*

Colt.45Orr said:
Thanks -bookmarked it now...

Hey -BTW what is the tournament record for individual points??
If Bergeron has 3pt games in his next 2 games does he have a shot?

He is only 1 pt awayfrom tying last years #...
Peter Forsberg had 31 points in 7 games back in 1993.

So... no.

leafaholix*

Colt.45Orr said:
Sorry to bug you guys...

Just wondering...

What is the age difference between Bergeron and Ovechkin in months??

I know Bergeron was pretty young for his draft class and Ovechkin older for his... so what is the actual age difference in months...

again-thanks in advance.... :handclap: :handclap:
My math sucks, but something like 55 days.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Alexander Steen said:
If you're arguing that he has the same upside as Ovechkin, Malkin, and Crosby, you must be on something good.

That is completely *not* my point...

I am not saying that he has the "SAME" upside as those 3... I am merely saying that to suggest that he is not in their class (potential future stars of the NHL) is shockingly stupid...

Will he be a star in the NHL??
I don't know....
Do we "know" for certain that Ovechkin will be?

Nope.

But to this point he (Ovechkin AND Bergeron) have given no reason to think that he will not be.

So again... Bergeron does NOT equal Crosby... but I feel Patrice has shown that he has more NHL upside than some people here are giving credit for...

This coming from a guy who say ALOT of Bruins games last year and thought he was much better than Thornton in alot of games...

leafaholix*

Colt.45Orr said:
That is completely *not* my point...

I am not saying that he has the "SAME" upside as those 3... I am merely saying that to suggest that he is not in their class (potential future stars of the NHL) is shockingly stupid...

Will he be a star in the NHL??
I don't know....
Do we "know" for certain that Ovechkin will be?

Nope.

But to this point he (Ovechkin AND Bergeron) have given no reason to think that he will not be.

So again... Bergeron does NOT equal Crosby... but I feel Patrice has shown that he has more NHL upside than some people here are giving credit for...

This coming from a guy who say ALOT of Bruins games last year and thought he was much better than Thornton in alot of games...
I like Bergeron a lot... but to say he doesn't have the same upside as the 3 is 100% accurate.

The 3 players mentioned have SUPERSTAR potential... Bergeron does not.

Patrice Bergeron's not being underrated here, he's just not being overrated by the poster.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Alexander Steen said:

Right...and I am not arguing you on this... I don't think he has their max. potential either...my point is that: to say he has "nowhere near " the potential is a silly statement... that should be reserved for someone like a Brad Boyes type...not someone who has accomplished what Bergeron has at such a young age...

Bergeron doesn't have the flashy skills of the top boys -but he does have alot of skill and has a cerebral game that is unmatched in this tourney (except for by Crosby)...

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Colt.45Orr said:

Actually thats pretty much what he said.....

"He is a great player but he has nowhere near the upside Ovechkin, Malkin, or Crosby has"

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Alexander Steen said:
I like Bergeron a lot... but to say he doesn't have the same upside as the 3 is 100% accurate.

Patrice Bergeron's not being underrated here, he's just not being overrated by the poster.
Bergeron might not have as much Superstar potential as the other guys but I think he has some of that potential. Just look at what he's accomplished so far in his career and he keeps getting better. Just because a player isn't picked in the top 3 of the draft doesn't mean he can't develop into a superstar.

Bruinster*

Alexander Steen said:

I agree Bergeron upside are not in the level of those three, But I see it like this : Even if Dany Heatley upside wasn't near of Kovalchuk I know a lot of people who'll take Heatley before Kovalchuk .

Ps. NO, i don't say Bergeron=Heatley

And now for the point record, don't forget Forsberg has 10 point agains Japan in a 21-0 game ( not sure ), We don't have a team like that in this tournement. And i can add, is it me or the Bergeron line ice time isn't that much ?

Vic Rattlehead*

Damn the score. The recap showed that he had three points. I guess they were wrong.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
It's obvious (I hope) that thus far, Bergeron is the proven commodity, he has far more experience than any of the other highly touted players in the tournament, in fact, I have a hard time thinking of any NHL players who are even in the tournament besides Bergeron...(someone let me know if you want)...

However, a strong tournament, while positive, is never a guarantee of absolute future success. If I was building a team, I still would go with Crosby over Bergeron, but again, it's the potential superstar vs. someone who's already proven he can play in the big leagues...there's arguments for both...

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Ill keep an eye on this thread. DONT turn it into another Crosby-Ovechkin debate (or in this matter, Crosby-Bergeron).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad