Confirmed with Link: Bergeron a Selke Nominee

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
He SHOULD run away with this, but I I'd be shocked if Toews doesn't win. I think he's by far the least deserving of the three, but his strong offensive season along with Chicago's crazy year in general will tip the odds in his favor. Datsyuk should be the clear #2 after Bergeron.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
My gut feeling tells me that, somehow, Toews is gonna win this. With that said, I also get the strangest feeling that nhl.com WANTS Datsyuk to win it. Did anybody see on there how they defended him, aside from his plus/minus and his number of takeaways? I'm too lazy to post a link to nhl.com, so I'll jsut quote it here:

"According to BehindtheNet.ca's stats, Datsyuk had a Corsi quality of competition rating of 1.340, second on the team and 19th among all NHL forwards to play at least 30 games, meaning he faced the 19th-toughest competition; of the 18 forwards rated ahead of him, the player with the next-best plus/minus was Josh Bailey of the New York Islanders at plus-7."

I've always been a fan of Datsyuk, but this is just ridiculous. So this guy SHOULD win it because he faced the 19th toughest competition?

Selke37

Bear since 1989
Dec 5, 2011
Bruins World
:clap: all in 4 37

While i do think datsyuk did better in other years -> this one will be decided between toews and bergy.

Last edited:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Bergy deserves it but I think they give it to Toews after he lost out to Kesler.

Either way good for Bergeron because it would have been a travesty had he not been named a finalist.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
If anything is right in the world he'll repeat.

Has the best individual numbers in absolutely everything besides offense.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Don't see how Bergeron doesn't win it.

But then again, Chara should have had 2 other Norris' by now if it wasn't for the NHL just handing Lidstrom the trophy because they thought he was retiring and then it inexplicably becoming an award for most points in a season with Karlsson winning it.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
I think it will go to Toews. Bergeron was the definate front runner until the concussion cost him time and set him back a bit.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Don't see how Bergeron doesn't win it.

But then again, Chara should have had 2 other Norris' by now if it wasn't for the NHL just handing Lidstrom the trophy because they thought he was retiring and then it inexplicably becoming an award for most points in a season with Karlsson winning it.

I think the Norris is now a Rocket Richard trophy for defensemen.

Selke is turning into a Highest forward to score lots of goals and is also good on defense.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
Was looking at his career stats. What the hell happened in 06-07? The only season he is negative +/-. Or am I suppressing DL era?

EDIT: looked it up - DL. It's a talent to **** the team up so much that Bergy is in the gutter in +/-.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Of the three finalists, Bergy is easily the most deserving of the Selke when you look at what the Selke is all about. Toews getting it would be laughable IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad