OT: Bentley Generals & 2013 Allan Cup

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
I heard Stony Plain player Justin Cox got run from behind and broke the boards. Amyone seen any highilgiht of it?

fasthockey.com was doing streaming of the games. If they archive stuff you might find it there.

I saw the hit live. It wasn't a hit from behind but definatley a charging major and one of the all time hardest hits Ive ever see. Cox was fortunate to be ok. There was a hole in the boards where he hit!

Bentley vs Clarenville in the Final. 17:30HRS local time on TSN.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I remember this thread, but I didn't know it was so old.

The 2019 Allan Cup is currently taking place in Lacombe, and the only 3 teams remaining are from the West.

The Innisfail Eagles will play in the final tomorrow against the winner of the Lacombe Generals (formerly Bentley) and Rosetown Red Wings. All 3 teams play in the same league (the league’s 4th team is the Stony Plain Eagles).

Looking through the rosters of these teams is interesting, because you can see names from past drafts, for example, that you might have forgotten about.

Ian White plays for the South East Prairie Thunder from Steinbach, MB. Chris Campoli, Tim Kennedy, and Oiler legend Kellan Lain play for the Stoney Creek Generals. Rosetown has Jordan Fransoo (7/186, 2011 - OTT). Lacombe has Levi Nelson (6/158, 2006 - BOS), Evan Oberg (signed by VAN in 2009), Brennan Evans (was with the Flames at one time but never played an NHL game). Innisfail has Allen York (6/158, 2007 - CBJ). Just some of the names I noticed.

In general, a whole bunch of former AHL/ECHLers and some really entertaining games.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->