Benson vs. Lavoie: Who steps up?

Who is more likely to make the roster next season?

• Tyler Benson

Votes: 92 56.1%
  • Raphael Lavoie

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • Neither have much of a chance at all

Votes: 48 29.3%

• Total voters

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I want a Lavoie vs Savoie comparison because the names look very similar.

Who makes NHL?

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
No your takes on the player were lazy and inaccurate.

It’s not that you’re a hater, it’s that you add nothing of value any time you post.

at least when your account was dedicated to mocking Katz for his health condition you weren’t giving poor analysis of Oilers players. Still trash though.
Explain how my takes on Benson are lazy & inaccurate.
He is not a good skater. Unless he has done a 180 in the space of a year. Possible I guess. Pretty unlikely.
He has a good brain. Not great. Good.
He competes fairly hard.
Decent, not great skill.
In your delusionary world unless someone agrees with your trash points of view the take is lazy & inaccurate.
Funny

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Explain how my takes on Benson are lazy & inaccurate.
He is not a good skater. Unless he has done a 180 in the space of a year. Possible I guess. Pretty unlikely.
He has a good brain. Not great. Good.
He competes fairly hard.
Decent, not great skill.
In your delusionary world unless someone agrees with your trash points of view the take is lazy & inaccurate.
Funny
It’s not delusionary to say that a poster, with a history of terrible takes, who hasn’t watched a player in a full year, that makes concrete statements about that player based on who he was when he was drafted years ago...is wrong. You even admit that you don’t know if his skating has improved in the space of the last year.

You attack me for posting my opinion from my point of view, from what I have seen, and read from many sources over the last year, which is that his skating has improved...and then go on to admit that you have zero clue if his skating has improved.

Guess if you want to call that a trash take based on your zero expertise and very little knowledge of the player then go ahead. It would just be yet another post where you contribute absolutely nothing to this forum. Par for the course for you...and you say my point of view is trash and lazy...hahahaha

Reactions: oilynutz

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I want a Lavoie vs Savoie comparison because the names look very similar.

Who makes NHL?
Both of they can keep improving their skating and keep their intensity up.

both have the ability to score goals, which will always play in the NHL if the rest of the package develops.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
It’s not delusionary to say that a poster, with a history of terrible takes, who hasn’t watched a player in a full year, that makes concrete statements about that player based on who he was when he was drafted years ago...is wrong. You even admit that you don’t know if his skating has improved in the space of the last year.

You attack me for posting my opinion from my point of view, from what I have seen, and read from many sources over the last year, which is that his skating has improved...and then go on to admit that you have zero clue if his skating has improved.

Guess if you want to call that a trash take based on your zero expertise and very little knowledge of the player then go ahead. It would just be yet another post where you contribute absolutely nothing to this forum. Par for the course for you...and you say my point of view is trash and lazy...hahahaha
Yes, I’m sure you are watching all his AHL games.
I have seen the kid play many many games. AHL, NHL, minor hockey. I know players who play against him in the A. And skated with him as pros in this City. And their points of view ( and no, none of them are related to me).
So as opposed to reading fan magazines and you tube hi lites, yes, I have way more of a take on the kid then your fan goggles.
He has a chance. But his skating is a real challenge for him. That doesn’t make me a hater. That’s a fact. I hope he does well cause by all accounts he’s a decent guy. And he’s an Oiler. And we need guys like him to succeed (ala McLeod)
So frankly, you can stuff your uninformed fan opinion.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yes, I’m sure you are watching all his AHL games.
I have seen the kid play many many games. AHL, NHL, minor hockey. I know players who play against him in the A. And skated with him as pros in this City. And their points of view ( and no, none of them are related to me).
So as opposed to reading fan magazines and you tube hi lites, yes, I have way more of a take on the kid then your fan goggles.
He has a chance. But his skating is a real challenge for him. That doesn’t make me a hater. That’s a fact. I hope he does well cause by all accounts he’s a decent guy. And he’s an Oiler. And we need guys like him to succeed (ala McLeod)
So frankly, you can stuff your uninformed fan opinion.
Hilarious. Earlier you claimed that you didn’t know if his skating has improved in the last year. Now you’re the all knowing Tyler Benson master of the universe scout. I’m sure you talk to pro hockey players in Edmonton about Tyler Benson and his skating on the daily :laugh:

I’ve seen a lot of people spout things that are obvious BS, but this is seriously the best one ever. Bravo.

Reactions: oilynutz

CarlWising

Jun 4, 2018
Hilarious. Earlier you claimed that you didn’t know if his skating has improved in the last year. Now you’re the all knowing Tyler Benson master of the universe scout. I’m sure you talk to pro hockey players in Edmonton about Tyler Benson and his skating on the daily :laugh:

I’ve seen a lot of people spout things that are obvious BS, but this is seriously the best one ever. Bravo.
So lemme ask you. from what you’ve seen, is his skating on an NHL level? Cause from what I’ve heard, read and seen, it doesn’t seem that way, and I’d much rather fill a roster spot with a guy like nygård than with the guy I’ve gotten the impression he is.

Reactions: nabob

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Benson will be an NHLer, pretty close to a guarantee with his production at the AHL level. Similar to most Oiler prospects, he has grown a label that certain Oiler posters are unable to see past.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Both are trade bait as far as I am concern . Our prize prospects are Holloway , Broberg and Bouchard . The rest use to plug holes with NHL players .

Xxx McDavid Puljujarvi
Xxx Draisaitl Yamamoto
Holloway McLeod Archibald
Haas Khaira xxx

They rest of the current roster can walk or be traded . Maybe RNH is back a 2 LW if his demands are reasonable

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Benson will be an NHLer, pretty close to a guarantee with his production at the AHL level. Similar to most Oiler prospects, he has grown a label that certain Oiler posters are unable to see past.

Omark had great AHL numbers as well . There no Guarantees in pro sports .

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Omark had great AHL numbers as well . There no Guarantees in pro sports .

I said pretty much guaranteed. Past 2nd rounder, excellent player at ever level reached so far. I would be pretty shocked if he didnt become at least a complimentary middle 6 guy going forward.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
So lemme ask you. from what you’ve seen, is his skating on an NHL level? Cause from what I’ve heard, read and seen, it doesn’t seem that way, and I’d much rather fill a roster spot with a guy like nygård than with the guy I’ve gotten the impression he is.

From what I have heard his skating has gone from being below NHL quality to good enough to play in the NHL.

I’d rather have a player who thinks the game at the NHL level and has the skills to play at a NHL level that has average skating than a guy who can’t think the game at a NHL level or have the skills to play at the NHL level but is really fast.

Lots of example of guys with Average boots who have solid NHL careers because they’re , not many example of guys who have solid NHL careers simply by skating fast.

I think it would be bad asset management for the Oilers to have invested a high pick, used years of development time on Benson and then never give him a chance in the NHL. He’s proven all he needs to prove in the AHL IMO. I also think that because he’s able to think the game at a high level he’ll have more success playing at the NHL level than other leagues where it’s much less structured.

Reactions: Samus44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad