Benson vs. Lavoie: Who steps up?

Who is more likely to make the roster next season?

• Tyler Benson

Votes: 92 56.1%
  • Raphael Lavoie

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • Neither have much of a chance at all

Votes: 48 29.3%

• Total voters

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Idk if this is still true. It was reported that his skating had improved when he was playing in Switzerland. Before that it looked like he was improving even. I'm not even necessarily a fan, but it seems like there's a label on him that has stuck when it shouldn't.
I hope. But I doubt it.
5th line boots, 2nd line noggin, 3rd line skill.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Benson has 4 years of development post draft. If he’s not ready now I’m not sure he ever will be.
He hasn’t even been given an NHL chance outside of his very short stint last year. Can’t even say he is or isn’t ready.

What else can he do except do everything they’ve asked and more in the AHL?

Much like Bouchard he would probably be an NHLer on a weaker team.

Reactions: nabob

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He hasn’t even been given an NHL chance outside of his very short stint last year. Can’t even say he is or isn’t ready.

What else can he do except do everything they’ve asked and more in the AHL?

Much like Bouchard he would probably be an NHLer on a weaker team.
This year was a strange situation with border restrictions, quarantines and a taxi squad. Regularly him and Marody probably both get a look this year.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Its hard to really know with Benson. He had a good season this year. If this was a normal season he would of got some training camp time or a call up at the very least I think. He never got much of an opportunity this year. Hopefully he has a good training camp next year.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Watch his play, along with his skating, in the AHL this year and then come back to make a judgement call
Some posters simply don’t have a clue. Benson’s skating has improved this year. He might need to up his intensity and battle level a bit at the NHL level to find success though due to him being an average skater.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Idk if this is still true. It was reported that his skating had improved when he was playing in Switzerland. Before that it looked like he was improving even. I'm not even necessarily a fan, but it seems like there's a label on him that has stuck when it shouldn't.
Yeah there’s been a lot of lazy posting regarding Benson. Poster who haven’t bothered to keep up on his development and wrote him off the day he was drafted posting the same stuff they did years ago.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Some posters simply don’t have a clue. Benson’s skating has improved this year. He might need to up his intensity and battle level a bit at the NHL level to find success though due to him being an average skater.
Agreed. Like

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
And Yamamoto didn’t do anything until his most recent call up.

Benson is god damn drafted before Yamamoto
Sounds lkke Benson isbthat wasrior sort of player that would do good in the 90-00 era.

Isbtoo bad if everything is about speed. Talent is also something.

But for how long has we waited for Benson?

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
If the speculation with NYR is true they are looking to add toughness who can play, I say we try to move Kassian there

Kn expansion draft, I think its in order risk of losing Jones, Kassian, Khaira, Benson. Klefbom is a unwritten card. So there is a possibilty Kassian gets picked.

Question is, is it worth to spend a first to Seattle tonprotect Jones and Benson?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Kn expansion draft, I think its in order risk of losing Jones, Kassian, Khaira, Benson. Klefbom is a unwritten card. So there is a possibilty Kassian gets picked.

Question is, is it worth to spend a first to Seattle tonprotect Jones and Benson?
No

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Yeah there’s been a lot of lazy posting regarding Benson. Poster who haven’t bothered to keep up on his development and wrote him off the day he was drafted posting the same stuff they did years ago.
Unless you are waiving pom pom's you are a hater, not keeping up with development, lazy poster...etc.
Fans are consistent, ill say that.

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
I hope that's true. His skates looked like they were filled with concrete in my limited viewings the past few years.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Unless you are waiving pom pom's you are a hater, not keeping up with development, lazy poster...etc.
Fans are consistent, ill say that.
No your takes on the player were lazy and inaccurate.

It’s not that you’re a hater, it’s that you add nothing of value any time you post.

at least when your account was dedicated to mocking Katz for his health condition you weren’t giving poor analysis of Oilers players. Still trash though.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
If 3 out of Mcleod, Benson, Holloway, Bouchard, Marody are ready next year we are laughing.

I think Benson should def get a very strong look in our middle 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->