Benoit Pouliot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The Wild are attempting to mold him into their future equipment manager.

Mr.Brownov*

Jacobv2 said:
Here's hoping there's a hurricane near you :yo:
Jerk off

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
Jim Beam said:
I need the following info.
-Comparisons
-OHL 05/06 projection
-Future analysis
Here's Red line report :
Benoit Pouliot
Came from virtual obscurity to emerge as world-class prospect. Tall and lanky with a long, fluid stride and free flowing style. Tremendous pure skating ability ‹ among the best in this draft class in both acceleration and flat-out speed. Worth the price of admission just watching him skate, a combination of grace and power. May have the most pure offensive ability in the draft besides Crosby. Finishes chances and can distribute the puck with creative, no-look passes. Can play either on the wing or as a pivot. Though thought of as a finesse offensive player, his physical play has picked up - uses his size and plays with a real edge at times. Strong down low with excellent hands and touch around net. Excellent character; persevered after twice being cut. Needs to polish and refine game, but has homerun upside.
Projection: Versatile first liner with star potential.
Style compares to: Mats Sundin

Gophers

Nov 23, 2004
Jacobv2 said:

I'm a Wild fan, but I still thought that was kinda funny

Transported Upstater

DeuceUNO said:
I've heard the lecavalier comparison, but I don't frown on the sundin one either :yo:

Lecavalier isn't as good as Sundin :)

Procrastinator

Aug 7, 2005
Jacobv2 said:
I sure hope some mod warned this guy!

you make a silly comment you get a silly reply back... lighten up with the moderator/banned ****. its getting alittle old on these boards.

thank you.

Mr.Brownov*

Procrastinator said:
you make a silly comment you get a silly reply back... lighten up with the moderator/banned ****. its getting alittle old on these boards.

thank you.

Thank you for making my point Procrastinator!

And thanks to Crazy for the report!

Here's hoping he tears up the O this season!

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
He's battling Derek Boogaard and Kyle Wanvig for the Wild's last roster spot. I'd prefer the Wild give Wanvig his shot, and let Pouliot continue to develop at Subury and Boogey at Houston - there will also be O'Sullivan to consider once he comes back from his shoulder injury. Pouliot still has lots to learn and prove in junior.

On the other hand, he's clearly the best player of the 3, so why not keep him?

:dunno:

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
...because Benoit has a lot to learn...and he has a lot he can still learn at the OHL level.

I believe Boogaard, although I like the guy and admire him for his hard work and his significant improvements, still has some improving and learning that he could do at the AHL level, as well.

But, Wanvig - in my opinion - has maxed out his learning curve in the AHL. It's time to see whether or not he can play at the NHL level....

I'm pretty sure that's how The Wild do their decision making on whether or not a prospect is ready to move up to the next level....first, they have to max it out at their current level...if the Wild feel they have, then, and only then, is it time for him to move on.

Basically, that's textbook prospect developing. That's how players develop from pee-wee to major junior, too. It's all about building on top of a solid foundation. You only poor more concrete after you're sure the concrete underneath is stable.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Procrastinator said:

thank you.
Shut up.

allelsefails

Mar 31, 2004
Canton, OH
There have been way too many fluff posts on these main boards lately it seems, no wonder I don't venture out much from the Jacket's area lately, let alone post.

In regards to Pouliot, he's got the raw talent from what I have seen (just a few mind you) another year in the OHL will do him wonders. He should have the confidence that he can succeed in that environment, so let him prove the skeptics wrong who are leary his season last year was a "flash in the pan" (including myself).

No need to rush this guy from Minnesota's perspective, IMO. He's got the potential to be a great player for the Wild.

Transported Upstater

Bookman said:
He's battling Derek Boogaard and Kyle Wanvig for the Wild's last roster spot. I'd prefer the Wild give Wanvig his shot, and let Pouliot continue to develop at Subury and Boogey at Houston - there will also be O'Sullivan to consider once he comes back from his shoulder injury. Pouliot still has lots to learn and prove in junior.

On the other hand, he's clearly the best player of the 3, so why not keep him?

:dunno:

I may not know the Wild well, but I totally agree with the first part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->