Benoit Pouliot

Status
Not open for further replies.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Benoit Pouliot. Sudbury Wolves.

Rookie in the OHL, 5th in scoring. 7 goals, 13 points in 8 games.
And he ain't small either. 6 foot 2, 180 pounds.

I must be blind as I haven't seen anyone around here talk about him. He is an '86 and I am under the impression that he is eligible for 2005. Isn't he? Anyone know more about him? Is he 1st round material? Because the numbers would suggest he could...

:jump:

Rather Gingerly 1*

Bob McKenzie was certainly tooting Pouliot's horn the other night. Says he is a top ten pick.

But I wasn't overly impressive. He's only done it for one year. Doesn't look fluent enough to me

Last edited by a moderator:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
So does anyone know if it's pronounced like Marc-Antoine Pouliot, or is the t silent in Benoit's name?

Kitsune

Feb 20, 2003
Toronto ON CA
www.glidingeagle.com
it is pronouced like Marcs, and I dont think Beniot is fluke, he looked fluent at the end of last season and in the playoffs and it has carried over to this year. He was held pointless and a -1 tonite though.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I played against him. Big time talent, often takes nights off and is inconsistent but when he is on he is on. If he stays consistent he will definatly be a top 10 pick maybe even top 5. He needs to bulk up he is a little lanky.

gabpas

Jan 25, 2003
Aylmer
Visit site
Seachd said:
Yes, that much was clear. After all, I've heard of a Benoit where the t is pronounced.
sorry I misread your question. The t in Pouliot can be silent or not - I have heard it both ways but I dont know in case of Benoit Pouliot.

Rather Gingerly 1*

bert said:
I played against him. Big time talent, often takes nights off and is inconsistent but when he is on he is on. If he stays consistent he will definatly be a top 10 pick maybe even top 5. He needs to bulk up he is a little lanky.

I wouldn't gamble that high of a pick on him. He's only done it for the short term and there are obivous holes in his game.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Good point I was more or less assuming that he uses all that talent on a consistent basis. Which is obviously very hard to do for a young player that has just jumped to the OHL.

If not he will most likely be a late first rounder early second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->