Rumor: Benoit Groulx for Binghamton head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
No it's not. Re-read it, it could not be more staight forward

Couldn't be more straight forward other than the grammatically incomplete sentence, spelling mistake, and abbreviation use? ;)

I get what you're saying though, but I don't think you can think that way at all in a business. You are of the idea that we are grooming coaches for the Habs. So we're just not supposed to hire them then?

You are grasping HARD for a negative take.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Were Boucher and Groulx not French coaches prior to getting hired, too? This is a really confusing argument.

His implication is that in a year or two, when Mtl is looking for a new coach, Boucher and Groulx will have more experience,

The odd part being that Groulx would still have the exact same amount of non-NHL experience, I guess he thinks AHL experience significantly outdoes Q experience. Boucher I guess makes sense assuming that we let him go, but if we fire him, doesn't that suggest he's no good? And if he's actually good, and would work out for Mtl, wouldn't we keep him?

Othello*

Yo, I don't know much about Groulx but will welcome him with open arms from what I read about him.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Couldn't be more straight forward other than the grammatically incomplete sentence, spelling mistake, and abbreviation use? ;)

I get what you're saying though, but I don't think you can think that way at all in a business. You are of the idea that we are grooming coaches for the Habs. So we're just not supposed to hire them then?
You are grasping HARD for a negative take.

What are yo pu talking about? Nothing negative at all, I said montreal is probably happy to see 2 young French coaches getting pro experience so they can better handle the Habs market if it gets to that?

What is negative about that?

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
What are yo pu talking about? Nothing negative at all, I said montreal is probably happy to see 2 young French coaches getting pro experience so they can better handle the Habs market if it gets to that?

um...Boucher was the Habs AHL affiliate coach for years....they already know what they have in him.

And they still kept Therrien.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

You implied that we're just grooming coaches for the Habs to snap up. There is a definite implied tone of negativity there, unless you're cheering for the Habs or something.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Amazing if true he was second on my depth chart for coaches behind Budreau. Still won't get hyped up this is someone gunning for HC would be awesome to have him step up when it's time t fire gee

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
um...Boucher was the Habs AHL affiliate coach for years....they already know what they have in him.

And they still kept Therrien.

It was actually only one year, and then he went to the lightning, but I don't disagree with your argument. In fairness to the habs though, Martin had taken the Habs to the Conference finals in 2009-10 in his first season as Habs coach, so they weren't looking to replace him going into year two. But Boucher would have been available before the rehire of MT, as you said

I have no problem with the Habs keeping MT and MB :)

Last edited:

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
It was actually only one year, and then he went to the lightning, but I don't disagree with your argument. In fairness to the habs though, Martin had taken the Habs to the Conference finals in 2009-10 in his first season as Habs coach, so they weren't looking to replace him going into year two. But Boucher would have been available before the rehire of MT, as you said

I have no problem with the Habs keeping MT and MB :)

I was more referring to the tire fire that was the Habs this season and how EVERYONE in Montreal wanted Therrien gone and most fans and press were saying that it was time to bring back Boucher as he understood the "Habs way" of hockey.

Lol that they decided to keep No Rispeck for another year.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
You implied that we're just grooming coaches for the Habs to snap up. There is a definite implied tone of negativity there, unless you're cheering for the Habs or something.

Settle down there, nothing negative at all anywhere. and why you think that is strange, it would be like me saying:

Me- 'Wow, Dorion drafting a ton of Swedish Players, Team Sweden must be happy their players are going to one of the best development programs in the NHL!'
You -'Dorion isn't grooming players so Sweden can best us in the Olympics, stop being so negative about Sweden and cheering for Team Seweden.

Yeah I know, you're that weird. :laugh:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I was more referring to the tire fire that was the Habs this season and how EVERYONE in Montreal wanted Therrien gone and most fans and press were saying that it was time to bring back Boucher as he understood the "Habs way" of hockey.

There are more problems with MTL than their coach ,everybody knew it .That forward core is just terrible ,and their defense is now worse than ours

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com

haha, ok, thought as much. In fairness to MT, he made guys like Dale freakin Weise look good. I wouldn't want MT as our coach, but I think the problem is more MB

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

The interesting thing is that up until shortly after the second time Price was injured, they looked like the real deal, playing a strong game regardless of the goalie. Confidence in your goalie goes a long way.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Settle down there, nothing negative at all anywhere. and why you think that is strange, it would be like me saying:

Me- 'Wow, Dorion drafting a ton of Swedish Players, Team Sweden must be happy their players are going to one of the best development programs in the NHL!'
You -'Dorion isn't grooming players so Sweden can best us in the Olympics, stop being so negative about Sweden and cheering for Team Seweden.

Yeah I know, you're that weird. :laugh:

No one needs to settle down.

Your attempt at an analogy is so flawed. Team Sweden and Ottawa are never in direct competition. You are alluding to one team (Ottawa) grooming coaching staff for arguably their biggest rival (Montreal). Given other posters have chimed in with the same view, I don't understand how you think your statement wasn't negative in context.

Anyway, I want Rumor: to turn into Confirmed with Link:.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
yep olympic size

I think Belleville is great choice for the AHL team for a few reasons

1. Grow the Sens fanbase farther west
2. We can keep the moniker B-Sens :D

That makes me very happy. If you want to be successful in Belleville, you have to be able to skate on that big ice. That will help big time when the guys move up to the NHL (well, not the goalies because of angles, but a big boost for the skaters). It also gives management a bit of a nudge when drafting to have skating ability a bit higher up the list of priorities.

All fits with the new, faster NHL. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad