Rumor: Benoit Groulx for Binghamton head coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Now THIS I like!

0qtLNn8.gif

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
If by the end of the week the Sens have Boucher as HC, Crawford as AC and Groulx with the B-Sens (who might be moving to Belleville) then I think the Sens org is due for a serious turn around, Pierre Dorion doesn't screw around.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Fantastic news if true.

Now we would truly have a legit NHL head coach prospect on the farm, not one who we were force fed to believe was one by the local media.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
we are just stealing coaches from montreal now haha

Yeah, all legitimate French speaking coaches ending up in the Sens org is sure to piss off Habs fans even more as it likely means there's no experienced option that speaks French once Therrien inevitably gets fired by mid season. :handclap:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
All of the french speaking citizens in Binghamton are going to be really happy.

Harbinger of a strengthening of the market base I'd think. IF they are moving the team, make it to Gatineau or Ottawa.

I think with the Lebreton bid, they will want to get an active Gatineau presence to offset any Kanata loss. Groulx could help that.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Harbinger of a strengthening of the market base I'd think. IF they are moving the team, make it to Gatineau or Ottawa.

I think with the Lebreton bid, they will want to get an active Gatineau presence to offset any Kanata loss. Groulx could help that.

Team is moving to Belleville. It's the worst kept secret in the AHL.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
we are just stealing coaches from montreal now haha

But seriously, Montreal Cansdiens super happy about 2 young bilingual coaches getting more pro experience. The French Canadian HC talent is getting old, Dorion is single handedly injecting new life into the French coaching ranks

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Must ,have offered some nice money .Bingo doesnt look like a coaches dream right now

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
But seriously, Montreal Cansdiens super happy about 2 young bilingual coaches getting more pro experience. The French Canadian HC talent is getting old, Dorion is single handedly injecting new life into the French coaching ranks

Impressive how quickly things can be spun into a negative light...

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Must ,have offered some nice money .Bingo doesnt look like a coaches dream right now

But they have some good stuff coming in Perron, Englund, etc. Plus guys like O'Connor will come with a renewed desire to start fresh with a new voice leading the team

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
But they have some good stuff coming in Perron, Englund, etc. Plus guys like O'Connor will come with a renewed desire to start fresh with a new voice leading the team
Oh for sure buts its gonna be a pretty green team

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So like.....we're taking all the bilingual guys off the market just to spite Montreal.......right? :laugh:

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Awesome news.

Maybe the money they're saving on Boucher is allowing them to go after a high quality support staff (Crawford and now possibly Groulx).

Thats a trade off that I could certainly live with.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Out of curiosity, why is that?

I mean, we have some good young talent potentially coming in:

Gagne, Perron, Englund, a year later potentially White, Chabot, and Chlapik

They did poorly last year, but coaches rarely come into teams that are firing on all cylinders.

Goalies struggled last year, but both have good potential.

From what I've read, most of the criticism of Bingo was aimed at Richardson and his inability to get the most out of the group.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Awesome news.

Maybe the money they're saving on Boucher is allowing them to go after a high quality support staff (Crawford and now possibly Groulx).

Thats a trade off that I could certainly live with.

definitely agree with you here, though I'm not sure it's an either or proposition (or at least it shouldn't be), as staff in Bingo and assistant coaches generally aren't eating up a huge amount of salary

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Out of curiosity, why is that?

I mean, we have some good young talent potentially coming in:

Gagne, Perron, Englund, a year later potentially White, Chabot, and Chlapik

They did poorly last year, but coaches rarely come into teams that are firing on all cylinders.

Goalies struggled last year, but both have good potential.

From what I've read, most of the criticism of Bingo was aimed at Richardson and his inability to get the most out of the group.

It's really not bad. Bingo had a tough year in due part because of how much our NHL team needed call ups and O'Conner struggling early.

If Akeson and Varone are back and Dorian adds a decent veteran Dman who's useful (unlike Fraser), they'll be fine. I expect the O'Conner - Dreidger tandem to be very strong as they were down the stretch.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

Were Boucher and Groulx not French coaches prior to getting hired, too? This is a really confusing argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->