Rumor: Benoit Brunet : Dale Tallon in MTL oct 26th

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Doesn't Versteeg has a near 5M cap-hit for the next 2-3 years? And he just plain sucks as well.

DD got him would be a lateral move at best. I'd rather get a 2nd/3rd rounder out of DD than Versteeg.

Does this seem realistic to you? For a trade to happen I think it's got to be a problem-for-problem type deal, where possibly the Habs get a couple years holiday from the contract.

My guess is Upshall or Jovanovski, neither would excite the fans but we need a new scapegoat to yell at.

Last edited:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I wonder why a gm would have interest in DD at the moment. Please be for Kopecky, and not Versteeg.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Versteeg...uuuh no thanks Ha !

you guys obviously dont know sheet

Versteeg is not really better than having Desharnais, plus its another small player

we're discussing about the rumor, feel free to join once you're done stepping down from your superiority complex throne

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Make DD for Gomez, he is signed at league minimum! On a serious note I would want one of Kulikov, Bjugstad or Gudbransson. Florida might want to get players for their current roster and they may afford to trade prospets thing is I hardly see how DD might be a solution for them haha!

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
5' 11" small is different from 5'7" small; at least it isn't DD being asskicked upon contact. And besides, Versteeg would be on the third line if we have most of our forwards back, which is a role he should be able to thrive in.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
No thanks on the Versteeg front, 5'10 185 pounds 4.4 cap hit for three more years.

I'll take Kopecky though, 3 mil cap hit for the next two years and he's 6'3 203

DD can go suck an EGG somewhere. Even if he scores 60 in Florida I never want to see him play for the Habs again!

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
The people who don't like acquiring Versteeg are failing to realize that both Desharnais and Versteeg are signed for another 3-4 years. Versteeg may be inconsistent, but he has value in the league because he is a proven 20 goal, 50 point guy. Desharnais doesn't have value. Plus he is 4 inches shorter than Versteeg. You guys have to realize with a guy like Desharnais, we aren't going to get a first round pick or Kulikov for him. The worst thing that happens is that we trade Versteeg in another year or two.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Is there any logical explanation for Tallon could have been without having it dealing with trade talk?

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
Is there any logical explanation for Tallon could have been without having it dealing with trade talk?

He was here to watch a player from the Sharks

He was here to sell tickets to the December games against Florida :laugh:

He was here to have some smoked meat and poutine

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Dd + leblanc for versteeg + bjugstad get it done MB.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gio
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Bourque - Briere - Versteeg
Prust - Bournival - Moen / white/ parros.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad