Confirmed with Link: Benning to Vancouver John Furguson Jr to Boston

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Good for Donny. Glad he was able to get such a good job he was a nice guy when I met him as a kid.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I would fight Sweeney leaving tooth and ****ing nail.

I love Sweeney too, but fighting his departure would be bad for business in the long run. I'd rather be on good terms with a former colleague and GM of another team, opposed to holding onto him when he has a better opportunity elsewhere. Wouldn't Sweeney become a bit bitter if we did that? After all, Chia was in a similar position once upon a time.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I'm hopeful that Washington goes after Ray Shero with a full court press and we don't have to worry about this for another year. But eventually Sweeney may get a shot.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I think you're being sarcastic, but I would be a-ok with this.

Absolutely... He's no head coach, but he has one of the best offensive minds in NHL history. If he wants to come back here as an assistant coach I'd be all for it. Him or Savvy. :)

qc

Aug 23, 2011
The comments section is hilarious. He truly is the CHB of Vancouver. :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if Bergevin would trade Pacioretty and Gallagher for Marchsnd and Lucic

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Do you guys know which specific players Benning may have had a big hand in bringing to Boston? Guys he vouched for or pushed to have signed, drafted or traded for...

So far all Canuck fans know for sure is he wasn't a fan of Seguin. Anything more positive to put on his resume from days as a Bruin?

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
Do you guys know which specific players Benning may have had a big hand in bringing to Boston? Guys he vouched for or pushed to have signed, drafted or traded for...

So far all Canuck fans know for sure is he wasn't a fan of Seguin. Anything more positive to put on his resume from days as a Bruin?

It's hard to say. Given the Buffalo connection it is safe to say he pushed for the Paille trade, the Bruins only gave up a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Dan the bruiser*

I`d take a straight up Marchand for Gallagher

Me too.I got flame last year for that statement but still i like Gally more.He dont lose his
head when he agitate and he continue playing hockey.Then bang he score a big goal.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

they worked as a team in the Boston front office- but I been a season ticket holder for 30 years and follow the league pretty closely and everything I hear about Benning is extremely positive and I'm not getting my info from message boards and my kids teenage friends;)

As for Seguin, there is a lot more to the story and characterizing Benning as being 'the guy' because of Behind the B is downright hilarious.

The Bruins wanted him to succeed, wanted him to turn down the volume a bit but he didnt. This is iceberg stuff- you see only the tip. All Bruins fans have to do though beyond the shadows is watch a bunch of games this year and the Stanley Cup playoffs last year when Seguin potted 1 goal in 22 games and you will see a noticeble difference.

Benning is a great evaluator from industry people, good character, good man- I think the Canucks did great. Rome wasnt built in a day (and not talking Aaron) and the Canucks may need a few years to get back in that 'home ice first round territory' but they have some good talent and couple of solid prospects from the last draft. Benning has many friends in the game who he can use to garner information and build a strong organization.

Just me, but I'd be very happy if he ran the Bruins. Utmost confidence in this guy- he'll miss some, nail some, but the end result will be the wins and losses and the Canucks will be in good shape there sooner rather than later.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
benning has no further obligations to the bruins? basically means he can participate in canucks draft. that's great news.

the case of scotch from t-linden must have arrived on time.

member 96824

benning has no further obligations to the bruins? basically means he can participate in canucks draft. that's great news.

the case of scotch from t-linden must have arrived on time.

haha, well...he joined the B's team for the drafts from 2007-2013. May not be that great of news :laugh:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Well Chia wrote the screenplay for that episode, so take it up with him. :naughty:

But kidding aside, just about every member of the FO had something bad to say about him. Did you have any problem with Neely's especially scathing criticisms?

Exactly: Some people hate to hear (people's) real feelings/opinions and like to hear just the "pc" aspect of life, not reality.
I say BRAVO to Benning, Neely and the rest of their management staff for NOT being too pc no matter how it rocks some people's world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad