Rumor: Benning on Markstrom: 'We want him back'

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
i can't see markstrom getting more than 5 million a season, anything else puts him in the 10 top highest paid goalies in the league

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
i can't see markstrom getting more than 5 million a season, anything else puts him in the 10 top highest paid goalies in the league
He's also a top 10 goalie so it would be fair. Lots of the advanced stats point to Markstrom being a franchise goalie who can be a real difference maker on a team, immediately. He absolutely will be looking at a contract that is at minimum $6M per imo. If he only signs for that, the Nucks should be over the moon, unless its an 8 year deal.

That said, I think they give him an NMC for next year and a partial NTC to bring down the cost.

Reactions: Mr Positive

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
From Thomas Drance and Rick Dhaliwal of the Athletic:
"Markstrom’s camp might have to be willing to bend on no-movement protection, but if you’re surrendering that chip in negotiations, you’d best be made whole in treasure and term."
Exactly, which can end up hurting Vancouver if Markstrom doesn't play well next season and Seattle choses a different option. Definitely a sticky situation.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I doubt that ranking figures into anything. 5 million is low. That's a standard for a 2nd line forward or Dman. An above average goalie has a bigger impact on a game than they do. I think the number starts with a 6

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
I love how Markstrom went from "He is our MVP!" to "Don't let the door hit you!" in a matter of 3 games that he wasn't even a part of. :skeptic:

Personally, I am not a fan of Markstrom, but he deserves better than that.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
So keep Markstrom and lose Demko in expansion. Honestly not familiar with Van’s expansion situation but that’s what it seems like.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
So keep Markstrom and lose Demko in expansion. Honestly not familiar with Van’s expansion situation but that’s what it seems like.

Vancouver has protection spots to spare on defense. Two goalies, one spot. Seem well positioned at F in terms of expansion.

Maybe it's because I'm a Canes fan, but a Demko for Dman trade as a basis, with additional parts, seems like a mutual solution to problems.

We're just not a fit to help with their cap situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad