Benning on Halford & Brough (02/01/19)

member 290103

The Edler news is expected and at the same time bitterly disappointing. A f***ing mentor for Pettersson?!

Someone please fire this idiot.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Of all the Utica defenders he mentioned (Sautner, Chatfield, Brisebois) he didn't even talk about the most impressive guy they have down there right now in McEneny who deserves an NHL shot now that he's actually healthy for once

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I feel like we've been hearing him say he's looking for an offensive defenseman from day one.

Reactions: PM and geebaan

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I feel like we've been hearing him say he's looking for an offensive defenseman from day one.

its not easy adding one either, if Karlsson makes it to free agency, I would expect Aquilini and Co. to throw a monster offer at him.

in terms of scoring wingers, there is a plethora of them in free agency and one of these should be obtainable:

Panarin, Stone, Duchene, Nyqvuist, Lee, Skinner, Dzingel, Staal

Love

Feb 29, 2012
The Edler news is expected and at the same time bitterly disappointing. A ****ing mentor for Pettersson?!

Someone please fire this idiot.

Lol really? Are you really unable to understand whats going on? Ever heard of a "No Trade Clause"?

Benning: "We want to trade you."

Edler: "No."

End of discussion. It's really not that difficult.

member 290103

Lol really? Are you really unable to understand whats going on? Ever heard of a "No Trade Clause"?

Benning: "We want to trade you."

Edler: "No."

End of discussion. It's really not that difficult.
Really did you read the quote???? Was that the reason he gave as to why Edler is being not being traded and re-signed? Are you that obtuse?

What you are telling me then is Jim would move him if he did not have an NTC. Right.

Last edited by a moderator:

member 290103

"I think he's made it clear he wants to stay in Vancouver."

End of discussion.

So that then means they have to re-sign him to a multi year deal, does it?

Why not go to him and ask him to waive and return?

Why discount all your options and propose that he stays long term as a f***ing mentor?!

Love

Feb 29, 2012
So that then means they have to re-sign him to a multi year deal, does it?

Why not go to him and ask him to waive and return?

Why discount all your options and propose that he stays long term as a ****ing mentor?!

What do you propose? Letting him walk in free agency?

I have no problem with re-signing Edler for a hometown discount. Have you seen our defence? Edler is actually good unlike everyone else back there save Tanev and sometimes Stecher.

You say “why not go and ask him to waive and then return” as if Benning hasn’t already done that. Edler can still say “No” to that option. He has a no trade clause. If he doesn’t want to be traded (even if he’s only gone for a few months), then he won’t be traded.

member 290103

What do you propose? Letting him walk in free agency?

I have no problem with re-signing Edler for a hometown discount. Have you seen our defence? Edler is actually good unlike everyone else back there save Tanev and sometimes Stecher.

You say “why not go and ask him to waive and then return” as if Benning hasn’t already done that. Edler can still say “No” to that option. He has a no trade clause. If he doesn’t want to be traded (even if he’s only gone for a few months), then he won’t be traded.

You need to read his quotes. Enough said. Move on.

Reactions: PM

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Excellent news out of this interview!

1. Were not trading any draft picks

2. Goldobin will be given an opportunity to raise his trade stock

3. Were not gonna just let Edler walk barring a massive term demand from Edlers camp.

4. Sounds like the team is big on Sautner

5. Its almost a foregone conclussion that Sutter is getting moved this summer to make room for Gaudette

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->