Bengt-Ã…ke Gustafsson

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Do you guys remember him?

How good was he? His stats are 555 points in 600 games.....thats really good. Was he as good as the stats suggest?

Playing style?

Would he have a impact in todays nhl?

Oh, his son Anton Gustafsson has turned into a good euro top-league player (playing in swiss nla).

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Gustafsson was one of the greats of the franchise. He was an unselfish player that had he been willing to shoot more might have been recognize as an elite player. He had a 5 goal game that was not a fluke.

Love him

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
#16 a stud; pass first defensively responsible center; very strong on his skates. He played a high skill very clean game and was respected by all.

I think he influenced me enough to make me a pass first player in my rather unillustrious roller career.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
#16 a stud; pass first defensively responsible center; very strong on his skates. He played a high skill very clean game and was respected by all.

I think he influenced me enough to make me a pass first player in my rather unillustrious roller career.

You coulda been one of the greats kid....;)

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Bengt was one of my first favorites. I remember meeting him on the ice as a kid during one of the 'fans meet the players' events after the game. Very underrated IMO

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Pens fan here. I remember Bengt as a really good part of those strong, late 80's Caps teams. Very underrated (the whole team was). Great two way player along with Ridley, Carpenter, Hunter, Kelly Miller and Dave Christian (and I think Pivonka was there around that time too). Even though I was a Pens fan they were always fun to watch. They just seemed to have so many "good" players, where as the Pens had a couple "great" players, I always admired those Caps teams. Good memories of that period of Patrick Division hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad