GDT: Bengals at Bills 1PM 9.22.2019

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
That was the most exhausting sporting event I've ever been to. If the offense can fix the mistakes they can be very special

Also, Dawson Knox woke them up, what a run
Knox looks like he could be a gamer.

Kinda reminded me of a Gronk-lite on some of those plays today! (exaggerating a bit, but still...)

Excited to see how he develops.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Yeah, I don't care. Give me a heart attack, why don't you. Let the Bengals back in in an attempt to be overly nice towards Andy Dalton, sure. But that's enough Buffalo gratitude and niceness in my opinion.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
Daboll is starting to worry me. How's everyone else feel about him?

I thought he called a great game other than that reverse on third and short when he tried to get too cute. Drives have been stalling mostly due to poor execution by the offense. The OL whiffing on blocking assignments, WRs dropping passes, Allen throwing errant passes (though he’s greatly improved this), poorly timed turnovers, and penalties have all killed drives while they had been in FG range.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Daboll is starting to worry me. How's everyone else feel about him?

I’m undecided still.

He has some great play calls, and then he has some where you’re like “is he trying to let the other team win?”. But he seems smart enough to learn from his mistakes and continue evolving. And he allows Allen and the players to have input into what plays they run.
He’s also shown some ability to shift the game plan as the game goes on and sniff out a D’s weaknesses.

He really seems to be helping Josh Allen’s development too, and that is the main thing at this point.

plus, He runs a complex offense and it’s basically like year 1 for more than 3/4 of the offense. So I want to see how the offense evolves over the season.

There has been enough good so far that I am encouraged.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I thought he called a great game other than that reverse on third and short when he tried to get too cute. Drives have been stalling mostly due to poor execution by the offense. The OL whiffing on blocking assignments, WRs dropping passes, Allen throwing errant passes (though he’s greatly improved this), poorly timed turnovers, and penalties have all killed drives while they had been in FG range.

Couple big drops in there too, if they get a 2nd touchdown in the first half, they win in a walk imo

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
If we get an elite #1 receiver next year, this offense could be pretty damn good.

Still would have liked to see Allen throw that ball away on the Sweeney reception. Just too high risk with little reward.

His completion percentage 2.5 games into the season Ian remarkable for where he started.
AB will probably be broke 2-3 years and be begging someone to sign him. :sarcasm:

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
People who aren’t noticing Oliver just aren’t looking. The man is pushing the pocket up the middle and causing a lot of these errant passes.

Also, once Knox gets up to speed it looks like we might have our best TE since???? I’m not even sure, but the kid has a lot of natural talent, just very raw.

Still hurts that Sweeney dropped that 35 yard dime from Allen.

Reactions: Kupo and Dirty Dog

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I think John Brown was injured and Beasley too, Brown was unstoppable in the first quarter, then wasnt the same, saw him limp off more than once, we still need WR depth

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Also Allen with 64% completion rate. Very good.

This is always going to be funny to me

Can someone explain to me why Allen’s completion percentage was higher than Rosen’s today? Without resorting to stuff like, quality of teammates (because that didn’t matter for their college completion percentage)

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
People who aren’t noticing Oliver just aren’t looking. The man is pushing the pocket up the middle and causing a lot of these errant passes.

Also, once Knox gets up to speed it looks like we might have our best TE since???? I’m not even sure, but the kid has a lot of natural talent, just very raw.

Still hurts that Sweeney dropped that 35 yard dime from Allen.
I've been a huge fan of Oliver the first two games, but didnt notice him much today.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This is always going to be funny to me

Can someone explain to me why Allen’s completion percentage was higher than Rosen’s today? Without resorting to stuff like, quality of teammates (because that didn’t matter for their college completion percentage)
He's a better QB at this point. He's still a bit raw. I'd like to see him put 4 quarters together, but he's developing. Two things that worry me: lack of true passing touchdowns and that deep ball.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
He's a better QB at this point. He's still a bit raw. I'd like to see him put 4 quarters together, but he's developing. Two things that worry me: lack of true passing touchdowns and that deep ball.

He’s young and a big work in progress for sure. Very exciting player and encouraging start to his career though.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
He’s young and a big work in progress for sure. Very exciting player and encouraging start to his career though.
Yessir. It's tough watching other QBs tear it up, tho. Watson, Wentz, Mahomes. You have to wonder how much going to a crappy D1 school affected him.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012

With his running ability, he is never going to be a 40 passing TD kind of QB. I think the best we can hope for is that his rushing TDS get him to the total TD Mark we want him to be at, aka 30 passing and 10 rushing.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I hope Wade really develops this year. We missed Singletary out there badly, so we definitely need another depth back that has that playmaking ability to be the #3 guy as opposed to Yeldon..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad