BeNe League

Gert Van der Velde

Aug 4, 2018
If they were Germans, these players would definitely play in the DEL2, so you can say these guys aren't
so bad on the ice.Dennis Swinnen plays at Bietigheim Steelers and is no better than these guys, but of course has a German-Belgian nationality.Remember that a Mitch Morgan received his training in cologne. The statistics of a Preston Shupe are not bad and you can compare them with some imports in the DEL2 ... of course there are better imports in the DEL2, but Preston Shupe and Kyle Brothers are far too good for the BeNe League, but hope that they stay in Herentals, if it depends on the board, then they will stay and the salary is not bad either.

Gert Van der Velde

Aug 4, 2018
There is indeed a big difference between the few top players who can go higher but usually stay and the average or lesser players in the BeNe League. This should be better in the future ... but we can't have everything in just 4 years of BeNe League.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
If they were Germans, these players would definitely play in the DEL2, so you can say these guys aren't
so bad on the ice.Dennis Swinnen plays at Bietigheim Steelers and is no better than these guys, but of course has a German-Belgian nationality.Remember that a Mitch Morgan received his training in cologne. The statistics of a Preston Shupe are not bad and you can compare them with some imports in the DEL2 ... of course there are better imports in the DEL2, but Preston Shupe and Kyle Brothers are far too good for the BeNe League, but hope that they stay in Herentals, if it depends on the board, then they will stay and the salary is not bad either.

I hope so as well, when Chiefs Leuven faces HYC, that's the must see game of the season. HYC brings such an entertaining hockey

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
For me the only downside in the BeNe league is that the federation is not protecting clubs from players (eg. Vachal) leaving during the season. They should stand up and say a contratc is a contract.
This saeson has been grant.
Amazing hockey, good vibes

gwiz999

Jul 18, 2013
I like that I was able to watch live HYC games here in Canada via Youtube. I agree that Preston and Kyle are both not challenged enough in the league. Would love to see Brothers playing in North America but after a very successful season, I can see Brothers going back to HYC and the BeNe league.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
I don't agree completely with you, HYC is a top team where they manage to always keep their core. Preston and Kyle were just the icing on the cake. Other BeNe teams (Heereveen) also have some quality imports but they lacked the chemistry.

Anyway, I hope they stay and entertain us even more next season.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
Some early signings and trade news:

Zoetermeer Panthers: Dean Versteeg is joining the club after leaving Amsterdam Tigers
Heereveen: Trevor Petersen is joining the club where Todd Ratchford is leaving after one season.
nijmege: Gielen en Willems (Luik Bulldogs) have signed

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
There are some pretty weak teams in Hockeyettan too, but generally it's more than a tier above so BeNe domination will be hard to replicate.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Slightly better than the BeNe League.

The only Dutch player in the Hockeyettan last season was national team starting goaltender Martijn Oosterwijk and he was entirely pedestrian as a backup there. In 2016/17 Dutch national team forward Max Hermens recorded 3 points and in 2014/15 national team forward Raphael Joly lasted for 3 games (0+0=0 after recording 48+53=101 points in the BeNeLiga the previous season). The difference in quality is fairly large.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Sure, but as the league's scoring leader one should still be good enough to at least survive in another league if the difference in level is not that big. Tilburg Trappers as the most prominent Dutch team play (with success) in the German third league, and even from there it's still quite a leap to the Swedish third league where you have plenty of clubs that are producing high end SHL and NHL talent. Anyway interesting to see how Brothers and Matheson will do, they were decent NCAA div. 3 players before going to Belgium and at least some Swedish college players have returned to Hockeyettan from there before.

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
How come in 2018 the Dutch team in the World Championship was almost all Tilburg players, but in 2019 there were only a few Tilburg-players and as far as I could tell they were missing most of the best Dutch Tilburg players?? Is there a rift between Tilburg and the National Association/National team?

If you go back 30 years The Netherlands were much better than Denmark and Belgium were even worse. Denmark moved a whole lot, but what has happened to The Netherlands?? Really should have followed Denmark in level, but totally vanished in the 90's end the 00's....

TomB

Jul 20, 2016
How come in 2018 the Dutch team in the World Championship was almost all Tilburg players, but in 2019 there were only a few Tilburg-players and as far as I could tell they were missing most of the best Dutch Tilburg players?? Is there a rift between Tilburg and the National Association/National team?

If you go back 30 years The Netherlands were much better than Denmark and Belgium were even worse. Denmark moved a whole lot, but what has happened to The Netherlands?? Really should have followed Denmark in level, but totally vanished in the 90's end the 00's....

Tilburg was still playing in the Oberliga playoffs when the tournament started. The Tilburg guys that were on the roster joined late.

Reactions: Vandalay Industries

KTl

Apr 11, 2019
Six Teams from BeNeLeague and six teams from German fourth tier Regionalliga West will play the Inter-Regio-Cup. Actually its just six games for each side, but will be interesting to see how the teams compare.

Dinslakener Kobras, Hammer Eisbären, Herforder EV, Neusser EV, EG Diez-Limburg, EHC Neuwied (Germany), Eaters Geleen, Heerenveen Flyers, Nijmegen Devils (Netherlands), HYC Herentals, IHC Leuven und Luik Bulldogs (Belgium)

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
After getting kicked out of Regionalliga West, EG Diez-Limburg and EHC Neuwied are joining the BeNe League for the upcoming season.

Meanwhile Zoetermeer Panters don't feel those new trips are in their interest and quit to join the Eredivisie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad