BENCH Pavelec Thread!

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
True! :laugh:

Here's a more serious thought: I'm sure he knows there are other problems, but he's removing the goaltending excuse in order to try to get players to step up their game. There are definitely issues in front of Pavs that need to be resolved, and blaming the goalie simply gives them an easy out.

:dunno:

Its possible.
That seems a bit too cerebral to me though.

I think Noel just believes that the best way to send Pavelec a message is to bench Schiefele.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
He isn't sending Pavelec any messages tho. No accountability whatsoever. Until we see Monty start something other than a back to back, all I see is the status quo.

All Noel has to do is goto Pavs and say hey, we are going to start Monty next game and going to have a competition in net. Whoever is going to win is going to get the net.... Thats it.. thats all he has to say. Don't have to be negative at all, Don't need to bring him down or kill his ego or confidence.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
He isn't sending Pavelec any messages tho. No accountability whatsoever. Until we see Monty start something other than a back to back, all I see is the status quo.

All Noel has to do is goto Pavs and say hey, we are going to start Monty next game and going to have a competition in net. Whoever is going to win is going to get the net.... Thats it.. thats all he has to say. Don't have to be negative at all, Don't need to bring him down or kill his ego or confidence.

Makes perfect sense. He's also not sending the right message to the rest of the team if he allows Pavelec to continue his subpar play, and gives him the net.

Bench a starter for once and see how he responds.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
I'd like to see Montoya given a chance to put-up-or-shut-up. He's currently 1-1-0 with 1.57 GAA and .944 SV%. Meanwhile Pavelec is 4-7-2 with 3.09 GAA and .902 SV%. This is an absolute joke. Pavelec is this season's version of last season's Jokinen. Unfortunately, Claude Noel is this season's version of last season's Claude Noel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad