Player Discussion Ben Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Looks like he'll be a pretty good 4th line/13th forward option this season even when everyone is healthy. Hard not to root for a player who's spent the better part of 8 years in the minors before his big chance.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Looks like he'll be a pretty good 4th line/13th forward option this season even when everyone is healthy. Hard not to root for a player who's spent the better part of 8 years in the minors before his big chance.

I don't mind Street at all, but if we manage to get back all of our forwards mid season (lets say except for Perry) I think Street ends up with the Gulls. (Of course that's a big if)

Getzlaf, Henrique, Kesler, Rowney, Rakell, Comtois, Cogliano, Ritchie, Silfverberg, Kase, Eaves, Sherwood makes 12...and I'd say Gibbons would be the 13th F in that scenario with Street heading to SD.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I don't mind Street at all, but if we manage to get back all of our forwards mid season (lets say except for Perry) I think Street ends up with the Gulls. (Of course that's a big if)

Getzlaf, Henrique, Kesler, Rowney, Rakell, Comtois, Cogliano, Ritchie, Silfverberg, Kase, Eaves, Sherwood makes 12...and I'd say Gibbons would be the 13th F in that scenario with Street heading to SD.
Personally I think Anaheim will carry 5 centers on the roster given Kesler's hip and the likelihood he'll have to sit out games as the season progresses and they manage his hip. I guess they could have Rakell coming in, but I'd imagine they'd like a more typical bottom 6 option when Kesler sits.

I can see Gibbons being the odd one out assuming Street continues being a reliable 4th line option - especially as they are both on full salaries no matter if they are in the NHL and AHL.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Personally I think Anaheim will carry 5 centers on the roster given Kesler's hip and the likelihood he'll have to sit out games as the season progresses and they manage his hip. I guess they could have Rakell coming in, but I'd imagine they'd like a more typical bottom 6 option when Kesler sits.

I can see Gibbons being the odd one out assuming Street continues being a reliable 4th line option - especially as they are both on full salaries no matter if they are in the NHL and AHL.

I could see that as well, but my thinking was that Street has already cleared waivers, so I believe he wouldn't have to again. If we were to waive Gibbons to send him down, he maybe gets snapped up by a team short on dependable wingers.

If I'm correct about their waiver status, for depth purposes I think it would make sense to keep Gibbons up as the spare and then just call up Street or Steel if/when a center is needed.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I could see that as well, but my thinking was that Street has already cleared waivers, so I believe he wouldn't have to again. If we were to waive Gibbons to send him down, he maybe gets snapped up by a team short on dependable wingers.

If I'm correct about their waiver status, for depth purposes I think it would make sense to keep Gibbons up as the spare and then just call up Street or Steel if/when a center is needed.

Street will have to clear waivers again after 10 games played (if they want to send him to San Diego).

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
He was probably signed for San Diego and depth just in case. Just in case is over with, so he goes down to San Diego. He should help them quite a bit based upon his past AHL performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->