Recalled/Assigned: Ben Sexton recalled to Ottawa

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I always wondered if they were related.

Randy is with Pittsburgh now and seems pretty happy there.

He's actually the AGM of Buffalo now.

Another one of his sons is following in his footsteps trying to become a hockey executive.

He did bring the cup to Ottawa after the Pens won it last year.

How do I know all this ?

Let's just say I move in highly placed circles. Respect my class.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
He's actually the AGM of Buffalo now.

Another one of his sons is following in his footsteps trying to become a hockey executive.

He did bring the cup to Ottawa after the Pens won it last year.

How do I know all this ?

Let's just say I move in highly placed circles. Respect my class.
Did you find that out during an exclusive dinner?

Seriously, I didn’t know he had moved to Buffalo. I doubt that would have been by choice...

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Sexton has been on fire in the AHL. I support this call up.
I support it in the fact that he's earned it.

I don't support it in the aspect of giving someone in the franchise's plans a cup of coffee (though there isn't many here due to the state of Belleville, Gagne maybe)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I support it in the fact that he's earned it.

I don't support it in the aspect of giving someone in the franchise's plans a cup of coffee (though there isn't many here due to the state of Belleville, Gagne maybe)
Rather see Sexton than Burrows.. He has played well down there. Gagne has missed the last few games with an injury. Same with Paul. Other than White there really isn't anyone else worth a callup at the moment and White went cold for a stretch points wise. That team is largely assembled to get called up to play in the 70's against the Big Bad Bruins and the Broad Street Bullies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think we've only used 2 of our regular recalls the rest have been emergency basis iirc

O'Brien and Burgdoefer were recalled prior to the deadline, pretty sure this is the first one they will be using.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
For those keeping track at home, Sexton will be the 6th player from the 7th round of the 2009 draft to play in the NHL. Other notables include Erik Haula, Jordan Nolan and Nic Dowd.

Also he played in the CJHL, anyone know what league that is?

Reactions: The Lewler

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
For those keeping track at home, Sexton will be the 6th player from the 7th round of the 2009 draft to play in the NHL. Other notables include Erik Haula, Jordan Nolan and Nic Dowd.

Also he played in the CJHL, anyone know what league that is?

CJHL is the Jr A. championship league. Made up of Jr A league's from across Canada.

Championship is the RBC cup.

The league he actually played in would be called CCHL now.

It was called CJHL ( actuslly it was more like CJ"A"HL)in eastern ontario from the 1960s through to 2009.

You would say it like " Central Junior A Hockey League"

Last edited:
Reactions: Pocket Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->