Ben Scrivens Appreciation

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Scrivens has a track record that definitely deserves a look at the NHL level. He might not end up hacking it but he has a decent chance to.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He had a great night last night.... had Carlyle not played the 4th line the last 5 minutes, he would have let in 0 goals on like 30 shots coming in cold.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He had a great night last night.... had Carlyle not played the 4th line the last 5 minutes, he would have let in 0 goals on like 30 shots coming in cold.

The 4th line was very necessary last night, espiecially late.

marquee

Apr 7, 2011
Lol at th bias. Neither goaltender is proven. Reimer doesn't deserve any of this praise.

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The thread title will change dramtically soon. Scrivens will get pulled tomorrow. He drives me nuts playing net. He cant handle the puck but doesnt seem to realize that and at every chance he can, he puck handles. Its a nightmare.

In his crease, he is a Fish out of water, way too much movement, he plays out of control in stretches. Glove hand position is beer league, its a liability and a shooters dream. Id like to see him moved and Id like a veteran goalie to hold the fort down. We lose 4 in a row and the playoffs chances slip alot.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Usually I'd say this is too much. But after a game where he all I hear is news on Reimer injury he deserves it. He cough hard in relief and has been solid this far this season. Reimer is t established or an elite goalie so all the fanfare in the game thread was funny..nobody spoke on a Rubens strong effort. Reimer has also been solid this year but has been shaky and has a LOT to improve upon. Media is still hung up on his strong start to his career which is why he's been pushed since his extension by Mlse.

Sorry, can someone please translate this into english. lol

marshmachine

Nov 5, 2011
Awesome effort every night...unorthodox goalie who knows he is a back up but plays big every game he gets.

Sproo

Jul 3, 2008
Vancouver
Still too early to say he's a legit an NHL starter, but he's starting to make a good case!

It would be great if we could roll a 1A/1B duo of Reimer/Scrivens like Minnesota used to with Roloson/Fernandez back in their primes.

spidergoalie

Aug 9, 2009
Kamloops, BC, Canada
I would love for him to prove all my posts saying we need a veteran back-up wrong.

I love his down movement and his battling. Will always hate the glove position.
He was pretty good with rebound control tonight though.

Still for me he remains the back-up to Reimer.
If Reimer returns playing as well as he was, I am officially sold on him.

CBinTokyo

Jan 15, 2013
Tokyo
Sorry, can someone please translate this into english. lol

I ran this through google translate a couple of times and this is what I got.

Normally I would say that this is too much. But after a game, where I heard the news of mime injured, he deserves it. He was forced to cough relief and solid this so far this season. Silent T to establish or elite goalie, so all the fanfare in the game thread is very interesting ... No one speaks Reuben Swan Sheng energy. Thomas was solid, but this year has been crumbling, with many improvements. The media still hanging on he began his career, which is why he was delayed because his extension MLSE.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I ran this through google translate a couple of times and this is what I got.

Normally I would say that this is too much. But after a game, where I heard the news of mime injured, he deserves it. He was forced to cough relief and solid this so far this season. Silent T to establish or elite goalie, so all the fanfare in the game thread is very interesting ... No one speaks Reuben Swan Sheng energy. Thomas was solid, but this year has been crumbling, with many improvements. The media still hanging on he began his career, which is why he was delayed because his extension MLSE.

LOL :laugh:

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
If there are any Toronto players who deserve appreciation threads this year, its Leo Komarov and Jay McClement.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
If there are any Toronto players who deserve appreciation threads this year, its Leo Komarov and Jay McClement.

McClement had a great game tonight, made the 1st goal happened. And Komarov is like a relentless mosquito, game in, game out.

number72

Oct 9, 2011
Scrivens with an shutout against an AHL team. Let's build the statue. I'm waiting to see how he plays against Boston before passing judgement

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Solid performance. He's playing exactly how we need him to until Reimer gets back.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ben Scrivens and Cory Schneider have played the same amount of games and faced the same amount of shots.

Ben Scrivens has the better GAA and sv%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad