Value of: Ben Chiarot

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
A soon to be UFA, not sure what Winnipeg's plans are for him. I like his game and I think he would add stability to the Leafs back end. Yes I know he's a left handed shot but man I like what I saw in him. What do you think he will command on the open market?

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
If you thought Jake gardiner was frustrating wait till you see Chiarot in a critical situation.

Reactions: Cato

Torontoborn

Jan 9, 2019
If you thought Jake gardiner was frustrating wait till you see Chiarot in a critical situation.

I will be honest, I have only really seen him play in the playoffs. That's why I am asking for Jets fans input. At the end of day he is only making 1.4m versus Jakes 4m who will probably command 7+ on the UFA market.

Cato

Apr 22, 2019
Chiarot is only option if you are desperate for a number 6 due to cap issues. Toronto would be better served by taking a risk with a younger player. Don't see Chiarot back in Wpg next year. Jets have Poolman who is less $ and is a better player.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
I will be honest, I have only really seen him play in the playoffs. That's why I am asking for Jets fans input. At the end of day he is only making 1.4m versus Jakes 4m who will probably command 7+ on the UFA market.

I doubt he signs for $1.4 as a UFA. He did get (undeserved and sheltered) top 4 minutes playing with Buff so I'd expect someone to give him $3-3.5 with some term. Definitely not worth that but as everyone knows the UFA market is filled with undeserved contracts.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Could be a bottom 6 somewhere. Put more pucks into his own net than the oppositions'.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Chiarot is only option if you are desperate for a number 6 due to cap issues. Toronto would be better served by taking a risk with a younger player. Don't see Chiarot back in Wpg next year. Jets have Poolman who is less $ and is a better player.

Chiarot is a lefty and Poolman a righty.

Poolman is the replacement for Myers.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
At around a mil for a year or two I think the Leafs take a look. Anything too much more than that is not an option with the coming cap crunch and likely wouldn't be of interest either way.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
At around a mil for a year or two I think the Leafs take a look. Anything too much more than that is not an option with the coming cap crunch and likely wouldn't be of interest either way.

Someone will give him more than that.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Much improved player than he was 2-3 years ago
He wasn’t consider a NHL D-man by Jets fans couple of years ago but he steadily gotten better
He’s not going to score many points but he is physical and a decent third pairing defenseman
I would keep him the right price but we are cap strapped and I think he will find more money elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad