TSN: Ben Bishop to Tampa for Cory Conacher and a 4th Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spence11

Mar 29, 2013
Are the offers for Bishop legit or is it just speculation? By legit I mean reported by a legitimate source. (Jones+ 2nd/ Couturier/ Rinaldo +2nd for Bishop). Any other offers to players on the Sens?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Are the offers for Bishop legit or is it just speculation? By legit I mean reported by a legitimate source. (Jones+ 2nd/ Couturier/ Rinaldo +2nd for Bishop). Any other offers to players on the Sens?

The Couturier one came from Pierre Lebrun, can't get much more reliable than that.

As far as other offers go, they do not like letting that information out. Players have a history of not taking trade talks well. I.E. Bobby Ryan.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW

yeah, those offers are from pierre lebrun on the tsn broadcast yesterday.

couturier wasnt an offer though, it was a demand by ottawa that philly wouldnt do.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
One of Murray's other demands was supposedly Eberle as part of a package.

Someone said that on the other page...who knows if its true

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
Ben Bishop doing what he does best in his Debut... definitely a lifetime fan right here... guess i'll be paying more attention to Tampa nowadays.

Spence11

Mar 29, 2013
The Couturier one came from Pierre Lebrun, can't get much more reliable than that.

As far as other offers go, they do not like letting that information out. Players have a history of not taking trade talks well. I.E. Bobby Ryan.

Makes sense.

yeah, those offers are from pierre lebrun on the tsn broadcast yesterday.

couturier wasnt an offer though, it was a demand by ottawa that philly wouldnt do.

Man, I would have loved Couturier. Would have been fine adding to Bishop.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I think the Murray's went about it the ******* pick up technique.

Go up to 100 girls and ask if they want to go screw around. 1/100 may say yes.

We got Tampa to say yes. Hussie.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Philly should have given us Couturier. One trade and you don't have to go out and spend another 50m on a goalie, eazy.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
Great First game for Bishop. Couldn't happen to a better guy.

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out before but Cory Conacher is a distant relative of Lionel Conacher who was voted Canada's greatest athlete for the first half of the 20th Century and a member of the HHOF. He'd also be related to Roy and Charlie Conacher who are also in the Hall of Fame. Nice pedigree.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
Nice to see Bishop have a great debut. Good guy who was great for us. Congrats and well deserved. Anybody complaining about getting fleeced is crazy. Kid is a legit NHLer.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Michalek - Turris - Alfredsson
Conacher - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Greening - Smith - Neil
Latendresse - O'Brien - Condra

Hoffman will probably get sent down, if he isn't placed on IR. Kassian ends up rotating in and out.

Lineup becomes a lot easier to predict if Spezza and Michalek both come back at the same time:

Greening - Spezza - Michalek
Latendresse - Turris - Alfredsson
Conacher - Zibanejad - Silfverberg
Condra - Smith - Neil

No Regin?

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
If this was the same Senators organization as 3-5 years ago, Regin would still be pencilled into the lineup for next season. Daugavins wouldn't be a Bruin and O'Brien would be a lock too. They're all good players. Defensively responsible, cheap, youngish players with some offensive upside.

We're deeper now though and we have options. I know some people are attached to players, but we can't keep everyone. Which do you want...Regin or Stone? Is Daugvains worth diving up Condra? Hard choices need to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad