Injury Report: Ben Bishop out with lower body injury | Cedrick Desjardins called up

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Can we get a sticky for this? Like for transactions and say someone is in chl and gets traded etc..?? Guys get sent from ahl to echl guys come up to big team keep all at top in a sticky and a running thread? I would really like this so gonna start out.

News coming out of tampa is per Erik Erlendsson is that ben bishop has a lower body injury making him day to day.

Kristers Gudlevskis has been brought up to Tampa at this time:)

I would like to say also am sure some of you are still VERY HIGH on Lindback I am not and never have been see two to three glaring issues with his style and game and do not think with Franz Jean these can be fixed so when saw Kristers was called up I was LIKE FINALLY A TRADE SOME MOVEMENT LOL .

I was super happy and excited for all of about 10 seconds till saw Bishop has a minor injury lol.

Am hoping for some movement of some type for this team to get connolly a spot. Among other issues would like to see.

Anyway PLEASE MOVE THIS as a start to the top area with a sticky and lets make this a running news report on player transaction and movement!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't think this needs a sticky... I mean, not enough movement goes on to make this a regular thing (unless Oberg lol).

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Yzerman called it a very minor injury. They didn't even bother to call up CDJ or Helenius yet. Gudlevskis is going to SYR if they get called up. Wouldn't be surprised if Bishop is dressed for the next game.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I don't think this needs a sticky... I mean, not enough movement goes on to make this a regular thing (unless Oberg lol).

Well two days ago moved gauthier and oberg? Could be trades to teams in different leagues etc... just would personally rather have it all concise in one place and format so could just go to that for updates:)

I also expect a decent amount of movement this year and next couple.

Yzerman called it a very minor injury. They didn't even bother to call up CDJ or Helenius yet. Gudlevskis is going to SYR if they get called up. Wouldn't be surprised if Bishop is dressed for the next game.

Got to figure this is purely a exempt thing move and dont want to risk the other two goalies at all by having to waiver them again and hoping are not picked up etc... Why we wanted a guy like Kristers who could move in and out for short periods as needed without fear of losing one of the others.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Yzerman called it a very minor injury. They didn't even bother to call up CDJ or Helenius yet. Gudlevskis is going to SYR if they get called up.

Why call up Gudlevskis at all then?

btw, referring to yourself in 3rd person is a bit dickish.

actually, it might make a bit of sense as the Everblades play the Bears tonight in a preseason game and while Orlando's squad is looking very good overall, the goalies won't be in the lineup. Peter Delmas isn't supposed to arrive until Monday and TO has yet to send someone down. FLA may not be able to adequately gauge where they're at with such a goaltending imbalance.

Florida could just as well have sat Gudlevskis if that was an issue though, so go ahead and ignore this tangent.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
We do have a roster spot with Pyatt on LTIR. Could just give Gudlevskis some time with the team just in case.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Damian Cristodero ‏@LightningTimes 24m
Sounds as if Gudlevskis just here for practice. Likely goes to Syracuse tomorrow. Desjardins will come up to back up Lindback.

This makes no sense unless want to risk losing desji when we have to move back down to syracuse.

I wouldnt do it I would just keep Kristers up for the game or two.

Unless I am wrong wouldnt desji have to pass waivers again?

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Edit: uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Bishop is slighty overrated and Gudlevskis is really good.

Don't get your panties in a wad.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Unless I am wrong wouldnt desji have to pass waivers again?

on an emergency/injury recall, such as this one where the team would be without one of it's goaltenders, they dont have to pass through waivers in either direction.

he would, however, need to be reassigned back to syracuse immediately upon the emergency or injury ending

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
on an emergency/injury recall, such as this one where the team would be without one of it's goaltenders, they dont have to pass through waivers in either direction.

he would, however, need to be reassigned back to syracuse immediately upon the emergency or injury ending

Is also the 30 day rule believe we have till 22nd with him to get back to syracuse desji that is so all is well:)

side note is a good deal for girardi maybe in main to coopthereitis I made some offers I would love to have him with hedman for 3-5 years

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Bishop has played against two of the worst teams in the league and still gave up two goals in each. I wouldn't anoint him our savior just yet. Lindback wasn't bad in Boston and not sure Bishop would've done much better. Let's see Lindback get some more games before we run him out of town.

Desjardins already cleared waivers once so not worried about a claim being made. Also I like how Riku played in preseason so want him getting the starts in Syracuse.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Bishop has played against two of the worst teams in the league and still gave up two goals in each. I wouldn't anoint him our savior just yet. Lindback wasn't bad in Boston and not sure Bishop would've done much better. Let's see Lindback get some more games before we run him out of town.

Desjardins already cleared waivers once so not worried about a claim being made. Also I like how Riku played in preseason so want him getting the starts in Syracuse.

He also only gave up 2 to arguably the best team in the league.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Kyle Alexander ‏@kalexanderRC
Cedrick Desjardins officially recalled by TB, so as expected, Gudlevskis was just in TB for a pit stop for practice today.

Kyle Alexander ‏@kalexanderRC
Gudlevskis also officially assigned to Syracuse to replace CD there and presumably back up Riku Helenius.

There ya go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad