Ben Arfa is not fair...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He has nice dangles but in the end he lost the ball because he's selfish.

Actually if you watch the video, he loses it because nobody on his team came into the box and he had to finish the play himself. :shakehead

Iniesta, Neymar and Hazard immediately come to mind.

Nope. Hazard can dribble through one or two guys but can't do that at full speed like HBA.
Iniesta isn't that fast.
Neymar can't do that either.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Nope. Hazard can dribble through one or two guys but can't do that at full speed like HBA.
Iniesta isn't that fast.

They can all do it. Whether or not they're as fast doesn't matter so long as they can do it at speed and they all can.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Neymar, Sane, Ocampos, Hazard, and Salah are all players I've seen either do it as fast or I'm sure they could do it as fast. Hazard did it last season against Arsenal and won a penalty for example. Basically flew through their defense like being shot out of a cannon.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ocampos... lol.
None of these guys can do it at that speed.
You guys should look at it at real speed, not replay :laugh:

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Actually if you watch the video, he loses it because nobody on his team came into the box and he had to finish the play himself. :shakehead

Except if he cut back to Seri or across the goal to whoever the player with the 2 shirt was.

Iniesta isn't that fast.

Hazard can't do that? Come on Evilo.

@1:17

Neymar can't do it?

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
"Il attend un partenaire"

****ing really?

jRUyJoL.jpg

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Impressive dribbling, but he had many an option to square it and to say that it's uniquely Ben Arfa who can do this is delusional. We all know of your adoration of HBA, Evilo, but, as others have mentioned (and posted videos), this is something that lots of the top players can do (and get productive results out of). The Hazard video posted by ProPain is a great example of it.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
He's a great dribbler. Lots of great dribblers though. I've seen Coutinho do something similar with no end product. Neymar and Hazard as mentioned can do it as well.

Still, really, really nice piece of skill obviously.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Well I did watch the video how else would I know he lost it in the end instead of scoring? :D

He had 2 players he could've passed to, either pull it back or swing it around although it would have been difficult for the last guy to catch up to it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So, I'm supposed to say Hazard and Neymar scored similar goals from PP's videos, right?

You can't be serious... :laugh:
Hazard is actually FACING the defense and attacking right at them.
Neymar is actually using a teammate to eliminate some defensemen. At half HBA's speed too.
Both moves are great, but they are much easier to do than what HBA did to Rennes here. He beat 6 Rennes players in exactly 4 seconds. And you can add the goalie who was beaten really.
Amazing that some people here can't see the difference, but at the same time it makes it easier sometimes to understand some comments about football around here :laugh:

As for some posters saying he doesn't have the end product, I suggest actually looking at HBA's goal scoring stats this year.

Finally, he didn't have a direct passing lane until he started to dribble through the goalie.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So I'll reiterate, no other player outside Messi can beat 6 defensemen in 4 seconds with that kind of speed and skill. He has done it a few times this year too (3, 4?), but that's beside the point anyway.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And just to make it clear because some posters are already playing the bias card (which is funny because they used it for Hazard too !), I never said HBA was a better football player than any of the names mentionned (well except Traore or Ocampos). However I do believe he's second to only one single player in terms of pure offensive talent.
In fact, plenty of scouts have said for years that HBA was the closest thing to Maradona except for Messi.

I guess the scouts around here know better :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->