Confirmed with Link: Bemstrom signs 3-year ELC

Discussion in 'Columbus Blue Jackets' started by DJAnimosity, May 14, 2019.

1. thebus88

thebus88 19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"

Different type of player. Different "roles" available this year. Enough with the "Especially under Torts", BS.

Bemstrom seems quite a bit more offensively skilled. His shot seems to be a legit weapon at ANY level. Can he do what he needs to do to get open and in scoring areas and be responsible enough when the other team has the puck? We will see, but I think the 3rd line LW spot is his to lose at this point. Same goes for Texier and the 3rd line RW spot. I think they seem to possibly fit really well. Could see Wennberg in the middle of them or either guy possibly be bumped up a line swapping with Bjorkstrand/Foligno.

I don't think we have any issue with LW at all. While ANY top line (top 6 imo) quality player would be good for the team, Anderson is a perfect example of a guy that can adapt to either side of the ice, and Bemstrom on his off wing seems to be the best option with his "elite" shot/one timer.

Anderson-Dubois-Bjorkstrand
    Foligno-Jenner-Atkinson
    Bemstrom-Wennberg-Texier
    Robinson-Dubinsky-Nash

I mean, NOT ONLY do we have depth on D, we have it on offense. With or without the team signing a top line/top 6 player, I think maybe even a forward will or should be traded. Very well could see a D+F for F package. People love to get attached to prospects and young players with "potential", but we very well could see Texier or Bemstrom involved in a trade this summer. Would rather it be Wennberg, but if we really want a TOP forward a Wennberg-Nutivaara package will NOT do it.

2. majormajor

majormajor Registered User

I agree that we probably don't have a LW problem. We still have to try those guys at LW and see how it goes. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Anderson is a "perfect example" of a guy that can play both wings.

Even if Bemstrom is more advanced than Davidsson was, which I don't know about, a Bemstrom Wennberg Texier line might be good or it might be completely unusable. I suppose Nash's ability to move up for Wennberg is a slightly encouraging fallback. I'd still like to see another winger that can move up if Bemstrom sputters, I think Robinson is a pure 4th liner.

From what I can tell Bemstrom is a pure shot and not much else at this point. From this past year's video he looks like he'd be a waste at 5 v 5, and he'd be best off getting some more seasoning in the SHL.

3. Kellen

Kellen Registered User

I want to take time with this kid. Don’t rush him. We honestly need him to be a home run imo. Should start in the AHL. Him and Texier should spend some good time in the AHL. These kids need confidence.

majormajor likes this.
  4. pled

pled Registered User

his buddy lilja just signed with the team too

5. EDM

EDM Registered User

My gawd, if Jarmo is really planning to start the season with the types of lines being suggested here, get ready for a lottery pick next Spring. Wennberg centering a line with two rookies ??????? Are you kidding me ????? Talk about disaster.

CBJWennberg10, DJAnimosity and EspenK like this.
  6. Viqsi

Viqsi where we're going we won't need eyes to see

Jackets 1st, Preds 2nd
    Hey, he's responsible defensively, and those rookies are supposed to be able to produce points so he still won't have to worry about that bit... ;)

7. WubbaLubbaDubDub

WubbaLubbaDubDub And that's why I always say, Shumshumschilpiddydah

Bemstrom hoping for role with Blue Jackets after success in Europe

Sounds like he can play wherever they need him, that will make him extremely valuable if he really can fill in or play in other spots as effectively as he plays RW.

8. DarkandStormy

DarkandStormy Registered User

He's in over his head, imo. I've read that after 12/1 he can get sent to Cleveland instead of back to Sweden, so they may be waiting on that.

Cyclones Rock likes this.
  9. lakai17

lakai17 Registered User

Blue jackets bottom 6 would be hard for anyone to mesh with today. Give Bemstrom some time, keep feeding him some pp minutes.

10. Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra Registered User

good lately?

11. cslebn

cslebn Registered User

5 game point streak, definitely starting to feel better