Recalled/Assigned: Belzile Recalled to Taxi Squad (Updated May 4th)

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Putting him on the wing makes alot of sense, and then have him ready for C if there was injuries.
This kid could take Byron's place, Leks place, Staal's place....but more than likely we don't see him until next October.

I think they keep him in the AHL for another season. He’s playing really well right now but still only has 64 AHL games of experience. An actual full season would help.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I think you can carry unlimited players after the season ends

Carry on the team, but not on the ice. For Poehling to get a chance to play in the playoffs, 5-6 forwards needs to be injured...

Unless Ducharme is free to do whatever he wants in the playoff, but so far he's been constrained into pleasing his boss aka makes Bergevin's acquisitions and vets looks good.

Reactions: dinodebino

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
There's no shortage of competition for the 4th line LW and 4C spots: Drouin, poehling, Evan's, Lehkonen, Staal, Byron, Frolik

Toffoli Suzuki Armia
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Caufield KK Anderson
Poehling Evan's Perry

Unless KK starts to show something, he might be one also looking to be in the lineup. Not sitting PD,NS or Evans as it is now. Staal has been improving and can smother and help pin in the opposition.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Unless KK starts to show something, he might be one also looking to be in the lineup. Not sitting PD,NS or Evans as it is now. Staal has been improving and can smother and help pin in the opposition.

I do like how Staal has stepped up over the last 2 games cause I was getting worried about him. Not because he was lacking offense, but because I didn't see much compete level in the phyicality areas of the game. It's been a noticeable difference in the last 2 games.

And sitting KK is not a bad idea as well. Not cause he sucks but because he's been meh and if he sits a game, he gets time to reflect on things and where he needs to step up. If you can do it to Romanov as a 21 year old, we can do it to KK as a 20 year old.

Reactions: angusyoung

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I do like how Staal has stepped up over the last 2 games cause I was getting worried about him. Not because he was lacking offense, but because I didn't see much compete level in the phyicality areas of the game. It's been a noticeable difference in the last 2 games.

And sitting KK is not a bad idea as well. Not cause he sucks but because he's been meh and if he sits a game, he gets time to reflect on things and where he needs to step up. If you can do it to Romanov as a 21 year old, we can do it to KK as a 20 year old.
KK has confided that he feels tired. So yeah, rest might be good.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Yeah, that 4th line could be Staal Evans Perry or Evans Staal Perry.

So far, I've liked Lehkonen-Staal-Perry, Drouin-Staal-Perry, and Frolik-Staal-perry at the offensive end. But haven't kept track of their +/- , how they've done at the defensive end.

Reactions: angusyoung

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Somebody get nicked up last night...or just paperwork?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Crap. Hopefully Laval keeps rolling. They're missing a lot of offense all of a sudden.

Yup. But the good news is that they've shown that they can still get the job done when they were missing key players before. They still got Poehling, Weal, Veilleux, Ylonen, and Vejdemo who play key roles and contribute offensively. Also good news is that aside from Fleury, they still have their regular D-corps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad