Recalled/Assigned: Belzile Recalled to Taxi Squad (Updated May 4th)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Poehling will play in the playoffs

There's no shortage of competition for the 4th line LW and 4C spots: Drouin, poehling, Evan's, Lehkonen, Staal, Byron, Frolik

Toffoli Suzuki Armia
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Caufield KK Anderson
Poehling Evan's Perry

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Poehling will play in the playoffs

Barring injuries, it is highly unlikely.
With a fully healthy lineup, the habs would already have 3 of these players healthy scratched: Staal, Evans, Caufield, Lehkonen, Byron

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
You need an emergency recall to get Poehling in, hence why Frolik is ''tolerated''
False. Poehling and Frolik have the same status. Both of them, plus Caufield, Evans, Ouellet, Belzile, Lindgren and anyone in Laval can only play as emergency callups until the end of the regular season.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
With a fully healthy lineup, the habs would already have 3 of these players healthy scratched: Staal, Evans, Caufield, Lehkonen, Byron

Maybe not for this season, but I really hope that Poehling becomes better than all these guys minus Caufield lol, and sooner rather than later.

(at today's talent level, obviously not hoping he becomes better than peak Staal)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think you can carry unlimited players after the season ends

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
With Armia not being injured, it wasn’t meant to be. Hopefully it helps Poehling recognize how close he is, and keeps him hungry to keep dominating the AHL.

He’s going to be a big part of this franchise going forward.
Hopefully he will be. Let's see what he does next year. He is playing very well, but it's a weird year. Lavals competition has been horrible. I'm anxious to see how they do against better competition. Just look at the Habs against Vancouver and then against everyone else.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
With Armia not being injured, it wasn’t meant to be. Hopefully it helps Poehling recognize how close he is, and keeps him hungry to keep dominating the AHL.

He’s going to be a big part of this franchise going forward.

It depends. If Danault resigns next summer, I wouldn't surprised if they use Poehling as trade bait to get a missing asset.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Like getting a new GM?? lol
Hope they keep him............thinking he is going to be a good one! Kudos to Joel Bouchard.

Only question is if they shift him to wing. I don’t see them going with Suzuki/KK/Poehling/Evans down the middle. You need some type of veteran.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Schwang

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Only question is if they shift him to wing. I don’t see them going with Suzuki/KK/Poehling/Evans down the middle. You need some type of veteran.
Putting him on the wing makes alot of sense, and then have him ready for C if there was injuries.
This kid could take Byron's place, Leks place, Staal's place....but more than likely we don't see him until next October.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
They need a star down the middle. I just don't see Suzuki or KK being that elite guy. Good, yes. Elite? The jury is still out. Without that star power, it'll be mediocrity forever. Poehling could be good, but was never pegged as a star.

Reactions: angusyoung

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->