Post-Game Talk: Belzebubs defeat Meanfish 3-2, Start season 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
C0709B47-AB94-493A-A597-4197C1977F12.jpeg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Winning a game that you are trailing after 2 periods is a major victory.... For any team.

So much so last year San Jose was 30-1-2 when leading after 2 periods. Most teams simply don't lose when leading after after 2 periods, in fact we were undefeated last year when leading after 2 periods with a 32-0-2 record.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Winning a game that you are trailing after 2 periods is a major victory.... For any team.

So much so last year San Jose was 30-1-2 when leading after 2 periods. Most teams simply don't lose when leading after after 2 periods, in fact we were undefeated last year when leading after 2 periods with a 32-0-2 record.

i always found this stat to be simply amazing. how many teams win after being up after two periods. like does it mean that we don't have to watch the third period of a hockey game since beyond a majority of the time your going to know the winner or the loser by the end of the 2nd period?

Hockeycentral | NHL | Leading & Trailing

thats just insane

Reactions: Aethon

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
it’s doesn’t mean that if you’re watching the devils, who apparently won close to 25% of the time when trailing after 2

Reactions: New Jersey

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
This is not in response to anyone in particular, but this thread gives me the impression that the team was handily outplayed by SJ and only Kinkaid saved it for us. To be upfront, I didn't watch the 3rd period, but that's not how I saw the first two periods.

I thought both teams played an excellent game and stuck to their game plan. Sharks are going to find ways to create chances, they’re too talented not to. Devils did a great job limiting their chances and Kinkaid made the saves when they needed to.

Sharks did a great job of giving us no time and space off the rush and in the defensive zone. It looked a lot like a playoff game the way both teams played defensively.

Devils won the special teams battle, came out strong in the third period, and that ultimately won us the game. Would’ve liked to see more dangerous chances offensively, but that has a lot to do with the way the Sharks played.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
i always found this stat to be simply amazing. how many teams win after being up after two periods.

I agree it's surprising, and I'd like to see those same stats for, "leading by 1 goal after 2 periods" to see how dramatic it is once the 2,3,4 goals lead data are removed. In some cases it obviously wont matter at all, like the Jets at 42-2 record while winning after 2 periods. That's amazing.

Alternatively, it seems the Ducks at 32-9 had the worst record while leading after 2 periods, and that "worst" percentage is 78%, which is still solid.

Camille the Eel

I thought both teams played an excellent game and stuck to their game plan. Sharks are going to find ways to create chances, they’re too talented not to. Devils did a great job limiting their chances and Kinkaid made the saves when they needed to.

Sharks did a great job of giving us no time and space off the rush and in the defensive zone. It looked a lot like a playoff game the way both teams played defensively.

Devils won the special teams battle, came out strong in the third period, and that ultimately won us the game. Would’ve liked to see more dangerous chances offensively, but that has a lot to do with the way the Sharks played.
Would love to be better than 1 for 8 on the power play and even that a 2 man advantage. If the coaches are looking to point to something, bet they seize on that.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
There were a ton of empties in the 200s. 226 and similar sections were almost completely empty.
That's what happens when they charge stupid prices for the worst seats in the house. For whatever reason they just don't care if those seats go unsold if they manage to sell 5/10 of them for 60/70 bucks. It used to be the Lower bowl was a ghost town, it's changed to the 200s. Ownership obviously didn't like seeing all the empties on tv.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
That's what happens when they charge stupid prices for the worst seats in the house. For whatever reason they just don't care if those seats go unsold if they manage to sell 5/10 of them for 60/70 bucks. It used to be the Lower bowl was a ghost town, it's changed to the 200s. Ownership obviously didn't like seeing all the empties on tv.

After going to two games at Bell Centre and just buying tickets in Toronto for the Devils game next month, I will never complain about Devils prices again. $45-50 for a seat in the upper level against the Sharks on a Sunday is not a bad deal.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
After going to two games at Bell Centre and just buying tickets in Toronto for the Devils game next month, I will never complain about Devils prices again. $45-50 for a seat in the upper level against the Sharks on a Sunday is not a bad deal.
Completely different markets than here, you can still complain

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
In 1989 the entire lower bowl at the Meadowlands was $28. It was all one price for all (if I remember correctly 28 rows) in the lower bowl. Adjusted for inflation $28 in 1989 is $57.31 today.

I don't think you can sit in the lower for less than $60 can you?

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
There were a ton of empties in the 200s. 226 and similar sections were almost completely empty.
From my viewpoint in section 11 I didn't see that at all, its possible they above and behind me, but I scanned the upper bowls and they looked pretty filled.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Completely different markets than here, you can still complain

It's a double edged sword. The shortened season after the lockout almost every game was sold out but there were giveaways left and right. There's free tickets and ridiculous deals all the time. Plus the secondary market is super cheap. There were tons of un-sold tickets under $20 each on Stubhub yesterday. After a while we have to blame our fans for sucking and not wanting to come to games. Also, the more tickets the give away, the more season ticket holders feel slighted for the money they put out. There's no solution to this. The whole experience is just too expensive for a lot of people.

Yesterday I got two tickets- $40. Parking- $30. 5 pc Chicken fingers and fries and a water- $21. Fiance got hot dog, fries, beer -$27 (WHAT). Two sodas later in the game- $12. Add $6 in Turnpike tolls and you get $130.
That's fine every once in a while... but for someone like me... 31 years old with a fiance and we are paying for our own wedding from scratch . We won't be making it to more than like 5-10 games at the most this year. If you use that scenario for a family with kids then you're talking about $200-400 per game which is crazy.

I think that's the case for a lot of people. I see less and less people in their 20s getting married and having kids and buying houses. That's now happening in the 28-35 age range. Less and less disposable income in a state where it's more and more expensive every day just to live in. I honestly don't know if there's any solution. Not counting playoffs, the attendance for every team in this area sucks. MSG was half empty against the Oilers... NYC on a Saturday... even if the Rangers aren't good there's no way the place should be half empty. The Red Bulls had a down year in attendance. NYCFC has lost season ticket holders and their attendance has gone down every year. Yankee Stadium and Citi Field are half empty until the playoffs. Islanders tickets are dirt cheap and no one is going to games. I am really starting to think NYC/NJ is not a great sports town haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad