Belmont Park Islanders Arena Project - Upd 6/7 Construction ongoing, sched open for 2021-22 season

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Belmont is happening, tommy, whether you agree with it, or not

Umm btw i never said it wasn't happening i was saying it's going to happen regardless of this lawsuit delays it or not. OVG isn't going to walk away if it happens to cost more due to a delay from that lawsuit.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The team was never leaving the market to begin with so no idea why Quebec has to mentioned here.

You don’t social media much do you?? :laugh:

There are a few hardcore fanatics out there who’ve been watching this along with the other usual targets (Carolina, Florida, Arizona).

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I hope they crush these PITA's in court. Nothing will ever make them happy. They could do 15 traffic studies and 10 environmental studies and it still won't be good enough, they said so at the end of the article. It isn't about environmental concerns, they just want the project terminated.

So only public projects can use that land and no private developers can touch it? Not sure they can legally argue that. So they want to waste more of people's money and spend another couple years of reviews and only to sue again and again and again.

Apparently the 2nd lawsuit was file in a county court.

Last edited:

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
No, it was filed in Nassau County Supreme Court, which is a New York State Court.

I stand corrected but the other point still stands. Only state public projects should be only allow to use state land? Its a state park, land codes are very limited in what you can or can not build there.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
I stand corrected but the other point still stands. Only state public projects should be only allow to use state land? Its a state park, land codes are very limited in what you can or can not build there.
Technically it’s state land, but not a state park. State parks are governed by NY State Parks department. If this was a state park, retail development on the site may not be allowed (see issue with “Willets West” next to Citi Field).

Reactions: dano16

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Technically it’s state land, but not a state park. State parks are governed by NY State Parks department. If this was a state park, retail development on the site may not be allowed (see issue with “Willets West” next to Citi Field).

Ah i thought it was a state park give the horse track. nevermind.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
At the ceremonies, N.H.L. Commissioner Gary Bettman said seven more of this season’s games had been moved to Nassau Coliseum.
merlin_161370384_c0404d50-5065-4210-ba3d-1392a5420144-articleLarge.jpg

Reactions: razor ray

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
Great to see this project continuing ahead.

Maybe it's because I'm a fan of another orange-and-blue team founded in 1972 (who also went on to become an 80's dynasty :thumbu:), but I've always had a soft-spot for the Isles.

After the disappointment that was Brooklyn/Barclays, I hope this is a new home that Islanders fans really get behind.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Great to see this project continuing ahead.

Maybe it's because I'm a fan of another orange-and-blue team founded in 1972 (who also went on to become an 80's dynasty :thumbu:), but I've always had a soft-spot for the Isles.

After the disappointment that was Brooklyn/Barclays, I hope this is a new home that Islanders fans really get behind.
We appreciate the love. The new arena is going to be the best thing that has happened to this franchise in years. I hope to see a lot of the opposing fan bases at the games enjoying the amenities

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

RVACapsFan

May 31, 2018
I hate the Islanders but am glad to see their arena situation getting settled once and for all....great fanbase; would've been a shame if they relocated to Houston or Quebec or something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->