OT: #BellLetsTalk

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Today, let’s talk!

For every text, call, tweet and Instagram post, Facebook video view and use of Snapchat geofilter, Bell will contribute 5 ¢ more to mental health initiatives. So let’s work together to create a stigma-free Canada!

http://letstalk.bell.ca/en/

I think it's important to make a thread on this even if most of you aren't in Canada. This day is a very important day to me. Not just for the money raised, but because it educates people on how not being okay, is okay. Mental Health really hits home for me.

If anybody has anything they want to get off their chest and want to use this thread or even message me privately I just want to make it known that it's okay. Not just today, but every day.

Let's Talk

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
b936d6d6247faccc87e36d805ef60282.gif

Love this day for Canada! Such a great day of awareness and understanding. Getting rid of the stigma of mental health issues is a huge first step in the right direction, and this day is a big part of that.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Of course there's the money aspect to it which is also very important but a lot of what the day produces on social media can appear to be PR fluff in line with "thoughts and prayers" posts. My advice would be that if you are sincerely interested in making a difference, include a message to your tweet. Everyone affected won't come talk to you but any one message could be the one that hits home for someone in need. Mental health initiatives won't reach people nearest to you like you can. Because you can reach out today.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Of course there's the money aspect to it which is also very important but a lot of what the day produces on social media can appear to be PR fluff in line with "thoughts and prayers" posts. My advice would be that if you are sincerely interested in making a difference, include a message to your tweet. Everyone affected won't come talk to you but any one message could be the one that hits home for someone in need. Mental health initiatives won't reach people nearest to you like you can. Because you can reach out today.

Good point. Today isn't about making those who suffer think that everyone feels bad for you. It's not about feeling bad. It's about making it okay to fell how you do and about being there to help.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
+$1M so far and it's noon EST. I get the complaints that it's a big corporation and some of the tweets, messages, etc. feel hollow. It's an important day though to the people that actually go through this. I follow people who have bipolarism, depression, etc. and for them this is an important day. It's a reminder that we still have to move forward to making mental health less of a stigma. The good of this day completely outweighs the bad and that's the point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->