B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
This training camp has got me really bummed out about the future here, weeks ago it was looking so promising until they all started to actually play...dang.

were talking about... practice?

on another note I expect after Anisimov and Ennis are traded at the deadline, Formenton and Brown will take their spots if they perform well like they should in the A.

Reactions: aragorn

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Opening night roster...

2019-20 Belleville Senators opening-night roster:
Two (2) goaltenders, 2018-19 team(s):

• Marcus Hogberg (Ottawa – NHL, Belleville – AHL)
  • Filip Gustavsson (Belleville – AHL, Brampton – ECHL)
Eight (8) defencemen, 2018-19 team(s):
  • Jonathan Aspirot (Montcon – QMJHL)
  • Jack Dougherty (Rochester – AHL)
  • Nick Ebert (Orebro – SHL)
  • Andreas Englund (Ottawa– NHL, Belleville – AHL)
  • Christian Jaros (Ottawa – NHL, Belleville– AHL)
  • Hubert Labrie (Syracuse – AHL)
  • Max Lajoie (Ottawa – NHL, Belleville – AHL)
  • Jordan Murray (Belleville – AHL)
Fifteen (15) forwards, 2018-19 team(s):
  • Vitaly Abramov (Ottawa – NHL, Belleville – AHL, Cleveland – AHL)
  • Jean-Christophe Beaudin (Belleville – AHL, Colorado – AHL)
  • Logan Brown (Ottawa – NHL, Belleville – AHL)
  • Michael Carcone (Toronto – AHL, Utica – AHL)
  • Jonathan Davidsson (Djurgardens – SHL)
  • Alex Formenton (Ottawa – NHL, London – OHL)
  • Parker Kelly (Prince Albert – WHL)
  • Morgan Klimchuk (Belleville – AHL, Toronto – AHL, Stockton – AHL)
  • Joseph LaBate (Belleville – AHL)
  • Josh Norris (Michigan – NCAA)
  • Nick Paul (Ottawa – NHL, Belleville – AHL)
  • Jack Rodewald (Ottawa – NHL, Belleville – AHL)
  • Andrew Sturtz (Belleville – AHL)
  • Jordan Szwarz (Providence – AHL)
  • Max Veronneau (Ottawa – NHL, Princeton – NCAA)

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
were talking about... practice?

on another note I expect after Anisimov and Ennis are traded at the deadline, Formenton and Brown will take their spots if they perform well like they should in the A.
Anisimov has a two yr contract, I'd be surprised, but happy if they could unload him this yr. IMO it's much more likely he is moved next yr, IF anybody else even wants him. It could end up that he finishes his contract in 2021 & walks without Ottawa getting anything for him. Does he look like a player that anyone would want?

Reactions: derriko

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Man, I know Lajoie and Jaros have NHL experience and should be fine at the AHL level, but the rest of that defence looks pretty atrocious on paper, imo. This team might have a bit of trouble moving the puck up ice.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
apparently not great I guess....

Kinda surprising to be honest he couldn't beat out Dougherty, Aspirot, Labrie, or even Englund (who was probably his direct conpetition as they are very similar)

I saw him play a lot of games last year on Chicago. He’s a solid AHL defenseman and that was on a great team. Just on resume I would've cut Dougherty or Labrie over him.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Man, I know Lajoie and Jaros have NHL experience and should be fine at the AHL level, but the rest of that defence looks pretty atrocious on paper, imo. This team might have a bit of trouble moving the puck up ice.

Ebert was a very good AHL D way back when and should be better now. Definitely some depth questions though. Hard to tell with AHL DMen by looking at stats tbh

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Ebert was a very good AHL D way back when and should be better now. Definitely some depth questions though. Hard to tell with AHL DMen by looking at stats tbh

Totally fair, and I'd be lying if I said I knew what to expect from guys like Jordan Murray and Hubert Labrie. Ebert has never really impressed me though, and if he's supposed to be one of "the guys" down there, with Goloubef staying in Ottawa I think there's gonna be some growing pains. At first glance it looks like one of Englund/Labrie are in the top-four and that seems like a recipe for disaster.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but a guy like Brannstrom down there would have made a world of a difference.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Totally fair, and I'd be lying if I said I knew what to expect from guys like Jordan Murray and Hubert Labrie. Ebert has never really impressed me though, and if he's supposed to be one of "the guys" down there, with Goloubef staying in Ottawa I think there's gonna be some growing pains. At first glance it looks like one of Englund/Labrie are in the top-four and that seems like a recipe for disaster.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but a guy like Brannstrom down there would have made a world of a difference.
Agreed all on counts

Englund I think is a little better as an AHLer than some give him credit for - he's probably a 5 - but Ebert is a big wildcard. If he can be a top pair D thats huge, because I think Lajoie and Jaros are both top pair D at the AHL level. If Ebert is a 4/5, we will likely need to bring someone in down the line

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Let's not forget that Wolanin's injury screws up everything, Goloubef should normally be in Belleville. I think Aspirot will be a solid AHL 3rd pairing D-man. Murray is good offensively so if he is sheltered, should be an asset.

If Wolanin is healthy :

Lajoie, Jaros, Goloubef, Ebert, Englund is not a bad core.

No sure what Labrie and Dougherty can bring though but they have AHL experience. Not sure who goes up if Brannstrom comes down, probably Lajoie?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
First PK of the year lasts all of 5 seconds before being scored on

then we get dunked on a 5 on 3

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Sens with a ton of pressure this period. Formenton finally breaks through by driving to the net and tipping in a pass from Norris(I think, might have been Carconne who's having a really good game).

Edit: it was Carcone. The pxp guy keeps calling Carcone Norris.

Reactions: Deku

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Jaros is having a pretty rough game imo. Looking like Englund.

Norris looks very confused as to where he's supposed to be on the ice in the offensive zone.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Logan Brown not exactly backing up his whole "I belong in the NHL" position today. Yeesh.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Puzzlingly Murray is on the ice with the goalie pulled. He turns it over and Aberg gets the EN goal.

Looks like the D is gonna be a real issue if Brannstrom doesn't join them. Not much skill or poise back there. Labrie and Englund are very very bad and shouldn't be on the ice for a team that has loads of prospects. They look like the Zaitsev and Hainsey of our farm team. Dorion unable to find decent veterans to surround our prospects with in the AHL as well. Swarz is also very bad and a waste of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad