B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Letting Batherson stay up while sending Logan Brown down is very strange....

Too many centers. Anisimov, White, Pageau, Tierney all going to play center. Chlapik could play center too.

It's much easier to play Wing than Center, particularly at the NHL level where you have a lot of responsibility. Easier to protect Batherson in that sense, who IMO will get more and more comfortable.

I'm fully on board to have Brown continuing development in the AHL, he was always a long term project and he's getting closer and closer every year. He will be back this year for sure.

Maybe Jaros didn't have a great camp but I'm surprised he is sent down over Goloubef.

Reactions: Sensinitis

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Todays lineup was

Carcone-Norris-Davidsson
Kelly-Kastelic-Veronneau
LaBate-Beaudin-Sturtz
Clapperton-Cassels-Beauchemin

Aspirot-Dougherty
Reinhart-Brodzinski
Gendron-Ebert

Gustavsson
Daccord

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Beauchemin, Clapperton, Brodzinski, Gendron, and Dubeau assigned to ECHL.

Mark Kastelic returned to Calgary Hitmen (WHL).

Cole Cassels released.

Reactions: derriko

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Good decision on Kastelic. With the number of prospects and young players in the organization and the current goals of the team (development year, can't win the Cup, just making the playoffs would be quite the accomplishment), there's absolutely no need to rush any prospect. Let him go back to junior and dominate so he'll be more ready to have an impact at the AHL level next year when there's also going to be more spots open with graduations to the NHL.

Edit : it says Daccord has also been cut, is he going to the ECHL?

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Good decision on Kastelic. With the number of prospects and young players in the organization and the current goals of the team (development year, can't win the Cup, just making the playoffs would be quite the accomplishment), there's absolutely no need to rush any prospect. Let him go back to junior and dominate so he'll be more ready to have an impact at the AHL level next year when there's also going to be more spots open with graduations to the NHL.

Edit : it says Daccord has also been cut, is he going to the ECHL?

He was reassigned from Belleville to Brampton. He is going to get the lions share of the starts in the coast, which was the plan all along.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Kind of rather have brannstrom down there at least for first half

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Kind of rather have brannstrom down there at least for first half
"Proudest Day"
Not sure who really won. Lajoie or Brannstrom. Brannstrom get the dream job but he could really use some more time in the AHL. They may switch later on.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
In the two pre-season games, Davidsson played with Norris on what looks like a 2nd or 3rd line. Looks like they're going to try them out as duo, at least to start.

Veronneau played lower in the line-up and had less impact on the games. I think he likely starts on the 4th line; he seems to be behind Abramov, Davidsson and Rodewald. Of course, he could easily have Morgan Klimchuk and JC Beaudin as linemates so it won't be a typical 4th line.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
This training camp has got me really bummed out about the future here, weeks ago it was looking so promising until they all started to actually play...dang.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Well training camp seems to have gone as expected with the exception of one player Sabourin who came out of nowhere to earn a contract & good for him. In the viewings that I watched I thought Lajoie played better than Brannstrom but clearly the GM wants to show off his new toy that he got from that awful trade. I'm not surprised at all by the outcomes given the number of one way contracts in Ottawa.

I assume that as they trade some UFA players leading up to the trade deadline that it will free up some spots for them to give a look at some of their older minor league players to see if any of them are NHL ready yet. Or at the least maybe show case them for potential trade possibilities. Hopefully, Belleville can make the playoffs this yr & go on a cup run, that would help everyone in the franchise & hopefully motivate some of these prospects to work harder to make the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad