B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Such a dirty hit on Sturtz, really hope he's okay. Guy has already had the worst luck with injuries

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I wonder what our prospect player stats (2018-2020) look like if we remove Laval?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Formenton’s gonna get called up pretty quick imo, especially if Chlapik/Brown don’t run away with their opportunity.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It's probably due to opportunity at RW vs less at LW and C.

They are maybe not confortable playing Brown in a minor role while he can play a major role in the AHL.

It was just one game but I honestly felt that Brown showed he was worthy of getting some time at C in our top 6 after last night.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
It was just one game but I honestly felt that Brown showed he was worthy of getting some time at C in our top 6 after last night.

I definitely agree. Or at least on a 3rd line with player who can produce.

He will play down there with Abramov and Paul on a line probably. It's not a bad situation. He will be the man, i guess.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I definitely agree. Or at least on a 3rd line with player who can produce.

He will play down there with Abramov and Paul on a line probably. It's not a bad situation. He will be the man, i guess.
That Belleville team will be deep. They signed vets too. Going to be interesting to watch the shuffling there.

Reactions: Cosmix and Viletho

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
On paper this Belleville team shouldn't have much trouble dressing 4 forward lines that can score. Hypothetically:

Paul-Brown-Abramov
Formenton-Norris-Davidsson
Carcone-Szwarz-Rodewald
Klimchuk-Beaudin-Veronneau
Kelly
Labate

ECHL: Sturtz, Beauchemin, Clapperton

Not sure what the plan is with Mark Kastelic. Do the Sens want to commit their final contract slot to the guy? That would take away a lot of flexibility, and I'm doubtful he'd even get any meaningful playing time. Might have to go back to junior.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
On paper this Belleville team shouldn't have much trouble dressing 4 forward lines that can score. Hypothetically:

Paul-Brown-Abramov
Formenton-Norris-Davidsson
Carcone-Szwarz-Rodewald
Klimchuk-Beaudin-Veronneau
Kelly
Labate

ECHL: Sturtz, Beauchemin, Clapperton

Not sure what the plan is with Mark Kastelic. Do the Sens want to commit their final contract slot to the guy? That would take away a lot of flexibility, and I'm doubtful he'd even get any meaningful playing time. Might have to go back to junior.

Kelly should be playing but that lineup is tough to crack. They should be making some moves

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
Kelly should be playing but that lineup is tough to crack. They should be making some moves

They could afford to move out a guy like Paul or Rodewald to get a veteran AHL defenseman I guess. Other than that sort of deal I'm not sure what else they can do, or if they even should do anything.

It's been a very long time since the 4 or 5 worst players in Bingo/Belleville were legitimate AHL talent. Might be best to just let them battle.

Reactions: derriko

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Something the Sens could do is sign Kastelic to an AHL contract and postpone an ELC.

The Colorado Avalanche did this with Brandon Saigeon, who was also undrafted twice and then drafted at age 19, like Kastelic. Saigeon is now with the Colorado Eagles. The main difference between both players is that Saigeon is now 21 and Colorado sent him back to the OHL for an overage season, and then signed him to an AHL contract. Whereas Kastelic can still be sent to junior and remain unsigned. The Sens have his rights for 2 years.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They could afford to move out a guy like Paul or Rodewald to get a veteran AHL defenseman I guess. Other than that sort of deal I'm not sure what else they can do, or if they even should do anything.

It's been a very long time since the 4 or 5 worst players in Bingo/Belleville were legitimate AHL talent. Might be best to just let them battle.

The only question to me would be what prospects do they see that they want to develop into potential NHL players. If a young player like Kelly is up against AHL vets that in all likelyhood will remain AHL vets they maybe should make room for him. I like seeing the deep roster as well but that's the only downside I see.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Kastelic taking draws on the power play. Power play looks really bad. Only noticeable line in a good way this afternoon has been Carcone-Norris-Davidsson. Gustavsson is making some really nice saves too. Bsens up 1-0 despite being outshot badly.

Link for the game if anyone is interested

STREAMING – Rocket Laval

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
Something the Sens could do is sign Kastelic to an AHL contract and postpone an ELC.

The Colorado Avalanche did this with Brandon Saigeon, who was also undrafted twice and then drafted at age 19, like Kastelic. Saigeon is now with the Colorado Eagles. The main difference between both players is that Saigeon is now 21 and Colorado sent him back to the OHL for an overage season, and then signed him to an AHL contract. Whereas Kastelic can still be sent to junior and remain unsigned. The Sens have his rights for 2 years.

That's a good point. I guess they could sign him to an AHL deal, though I guess that doesn't solve the issue of being able to find him playing time.

There could be issues with sending him back to junior too. It's possible that Calgary have already committed their overage roster spots to other players and wouldn't have room for him.

The only question to me would be what prospects do they see that they want to develop into potential NHL players. If a young player like Kelly is up against AHL vets that in all likelyhood will remain AHL vets they maybe should make room for him. I like seeing the deep roster as well but that's the only downside I see.

It seems logical to assume that they want Brown, Norris, Davidsson, Formenton, and Abramov playing regularly in the top-9. Perhaps Veronneau as well. I think Szwarz was probably brought in to serve as captain. That doesn't leave much flexibility, which is why I proposed Paul and Rodewald as players that could potentially be swapped.

The problem is that nobody is going to give you a draft pick for the likes of Klimchuk, Paul, Rodewald, or Carcone. So opening space is extremely difficult to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad