B-Sens Belleville 2018-2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I am right behind the net to the right the Sens will attack twice.

I'm alone with my Sens Jersey.
People behind me are talking about Gabriel Gagne saying Gab.. So they are probably friend or relative to him.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Is Wolanin that much different than Lajoie? IMO they are very similar players with Lajoie being slightly better defensively, which IMO is why he beat out Wolanin in training camp & Wolanin IMO is slightly better offensively.

It sounds like Chlapik could be out for a while but whenever he does come back it will be interesting to see his progress. Of course, by then Pageau could be back too & Tierny, while not playing badly, has lost some of that early season scoring he was doing. Duchene & White IMO have cemented themselves in Ottawa as centres, they may still play the wing but it seems they mostly play centre now & are playing that position well. That leaves two centre positions & Pageau, Smith, Tierny, Paul, Chlapik & Brown all fighting for the last two centre positions. Some of those guys will have to play the wing but there are more players than positions especially next season when a few more guys will be looking for roster spots. PD needs to move a number of bodies leading up to the trade deadline & I would think that some of the UFAs have to go soon.
1. Why would Lajoie and Wolanin being similar have any bearing on the other being on the team?

2. They're not similar players. Wolanin is a puck mover/PP point man. Lajoie is a mobile defensive guy.

Last edited:

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
1-0 Rocket

The puck was thrown into the Sens zone and a Rocket player beat the icing ( he was all alone anyway ).
He got the puck in the corner, took it almost alone in front of Hogberg and beat him fivehole after taking a hit in the back while doing a spin.

Beautiful goal if you are the other team.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
The offence is dry.
Really nothing to show. No possession, the passes are off, 3 shots only in the second.

Brown is really not dominating. He almost never touch the puck nor does he win battle to get it.
Balcers plays a lot.
ES PP and PK.

Hogberg has to battle through screen on all sequence. I don't even know if he see half the save he make.

Wolanin, is not showing much but i believe he is just coming back.

Btw Dorion is also behind me with Kelly and Donovan. I went to shook his hand saying good luck while showing my Sens Jersey after the 2nd period. He was busy on his phone, so it's not like I wanted to start a conversation lol.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Shots 10-20 after 2, against last place team.
3 shots in the second while trailing.
What's the excuse this time?

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Shots 10-20 after 2, against last place team.
3 shots in the second while trailing.
What's the excuse this time?
Lack of talent overall, IMO.
It is apparent live.
There is no player who drive the play.

But the defence is more aggressive than Ottawa's. They pinch less offensively than Ottawa's dman

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Lol Brown just Crosscheck Mccarron in the back kinda hard. I don't mind it coming from Brown battling another 6'6 player

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lack of talent overall, IMO.
It is apparent live.
There is no player who drive the play.

They are missing some key players.. a couple players first game with the team.. At least a couple are callups from the ECHL. No Chlapik, No Paul, No Batherson, No Rodewald, No Burgoerfer, No Jarros, No O'Brien , No Carrey, No Elliott - its a depleted lineup no matter how you want to look at it. You can choose to ignore all this and just say they are bad or the coaching is bad or what ever , but that's a lot of good players off an AHL team

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
They are missing some key players.. a couple players first game with the team.. At least a couple are callups from the ECHL. No Chlapik, No Paul, No Batherson, No Rodewald, No Burgoerfer, No Jarros, No O'Brien No Burgdoerfer, No Carrey, No Elliott - its a depleted lineup no matter how you want to look at it. You can choose to ignore all this and just say they are bad or the coaching is bad or what ever , but that's a lot of good players off an AHL team

Completely agree. But i am commenting on this game alone. I cannot tell overall since i cannot watch it as much as you do.

You probably know that i'm not the type of poster who write things without trying to look thing with context. I think i'm relatively reasonable on what i write, normally.

But this game, the lack of talent on the ice is evident. They sure are missing key player.

Also to be fair, the rocket have a really good AHL defence tonight.

Alzner Mete Ouellet, Lernout and Despres are not bad for the AHL at all. They all have NHL experience.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Completely agree. But i am commenting on this game alone. I cannot tell overall since i cannot watch it as much as you do.

You probably know that i'm not the type of poster who write things without trying to look thing with context. I think i'm relatively reasonable on what i write, normally.

But this game, the lack of talent on the ice is evident. They sure are missing key player.

Also to be fair, the rocket have a really good AHL defence tonight.

Alzner Mete Ouellet and Lernout are not bad for the AHL at all.

For sure their D is stacked for an AHL team... still we should beat them with our regular lineup.

Reactions: Vprime

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
For sure their D is stacked for an AHL team... still we should beat them with our regular lineup.
Add Paul Chlapik and Batherson back and that's a totally differe.nt team That a whole line and more missing. That's massive.

The goalies are playing well thought.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Add Paul Chlapik and Batherson back and that's a totally differe.nt team That a whole line and more missing. That's massive.

Yup Rodewalds been good for them as well.. not a great NHL prospect but a good AHL player. Same for Carey

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
They are missing some key players.. a couple players first game with the team.. At least a couple are callups from the ECHL. No Chlapik, No Paul, No Batherson, No Rodewald, No Burgoerfer, No Jarros, No O'Brien , No Carrey, No Elliott - its a depleted lineup no matter how you want to look at it. You can choose to ignore all this and just say they are bad or the coaching is bad or what ever , but that's a lot of good players off an AHL team

Guess you are right.
Anybody know what happened to Sturtz? He had a decent start to his career. Injured?

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Belleville being outshot 23-12 after 48 mins

This has to do with GB's system's if both Ottawa & Belleville are getting out shot constantly. Heard on the radio yesterday that Brampton (ECHL) is playing the same systems as Belleville. I wonder if they are getting out shot too?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Belleville has lost a ton of players. As we get healthier hopefully things improve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad